No announcement yet.

My new MK2 RS2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics,,well done to Mr Davis, I reckon a pilgrimage to the "Red Lion" is in order ! recreat the pic,,make a nice week end of that) Mine is going on a visit 2nd owner from the 1980s when its finished

Comment

Originally posted by steve_26uk View Post
      Great pics,,well done to Mr Davis, I reckon a pilgrimage to the "Red Lion" is in order ! recreat the pic,,make a nice week end of that) Mine is going on a visit 2nd owner from the 1980s when its finished

That would be pretty cool, I would love if he could see the car again, especially after he owned it for over 20 years

Comment

This arrived in the post today, so it looks like I will be getting the original plates back on the car after all.
        No V5 returned yet though.

Comment

a very nice car.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos4x4 View Post
            a very nice car.

Thanks

Comment

Got a little more work done over the weekend.
              I removed the rocker cover to replace the gasket as it was seeping oil.
              Then removed the exhaust manifold to replace the 4 gaskets as there was a noticeable blow out from one of them.
              When I had them off I painted the manifold and rocker cover.
              I had bright silver VHT paint and black VHT paint and neither looked right so I mixed a small amount of black wth the silver and produced a metallic grey. I also replaced the manifold to downpipe gasket as it was also leaking slightly.

Airfilter removed and rocker cover in need of rubbing down and painting.

Original cast iron manifold with heat shield removed.

Manifold removed along with 1 stud, engine block painted, then plugs replaced.

Comment

Semi shiny exhaust manifold

Rocker cover painted

Comment

All replaced... new plugs, new plug leads, rocker cover gasket, manifold gaskets,manifold bolts and new stainless rocker cover bolts.

The engine sounds so much much better now and is barely even audible above the exhaust noise.

Comment

Looks real nice, fair play

Comment

its amazing the difference just doing a few wee bits makes. looks great

Comment

Thanks lads.

While I was working on it I also took the opportunity to put the original plates back on, theses plates were given to me by the previous owner and are the older type aluminium backed plate with the supplying dealer mark on them so I assume they are also the ones which were put on 30 years ago.

Still waiting on the V5 just to confirm I've been successful in getting the old plate back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                          All replaced... new plugs, new plug leads, rocker cover gasket, manifold gaskets,manifold bolts and new stainless rocker cover bolts.

The engine sounds so much much better now and is barely even audible above the exhaust noise.

what paint did u use on the maniflod will it burn of in time after running etc ??
                          dav

Comment

Originally posted by bluevan1 View Post
                            what paint did u use on the maniflod will it burn of in time after running etc ??
                            I used silver VHT paint from an aerosol and mixed it with black engine laquer in a cup until I was happy with the colour. There is no sign of it burning off so far.

Comment

Another wee update.
                              Now I have the V5 back, original plates back on, MOT'd and taxed it was time for a run out today.

I took a few pics along the way.

Comment

Gorgeous
                                Life is Racing......
                                sigpic
                                everything else is just waiting

...or buftying.

Comment

Working...
                                X