Mk2 mexico project begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mk1GTstu View Post
    looks superb, what did you use to clean up the fan?

the dishwasher is your friend, make sure the boss is out though

Comment

I used a very fine scotch pad in my parts washer to clean the fan.
      The only dishwasher in our house is me!

Comment

I bet you have the cleanest parts in town!!!!! I bet your wife is happy

Comment

I have been to collect the zinc today.IT looks pretty good and everything that went seems to of come back!

Comment

They all look well,but!!!...

Everything looks well there,but I don't think you should of had the dissy vacuum done,you could have damaged the inside!!!.ive got a couple of nice ones that I was going to do,but the guy who was doing them said he would advice me not to do them in case they get damaged in side,ive just cleaned them up the best I can,but I could be wrong..it looks well anyway.

Comment

Yes it is a risk doing the dizzy vacuum but i thought it worth a chance.I have done similar parts before on bikes and got away with it.I have fitted it to the dizzy and it works ok.Time will tell though!

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
                the dishwasher is your friend, make sure the boss is out though
                I'll have to try that!

Comment

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
                  I used a very fine scotch pad in my parts washer to clean the fan.
                  The only dishwasher in our house is me!
                  ok cheers, i'll try the dishwasher 1st & if that don't work i'll try your method.

Comment

Who done your zinc plating for you?

Rough cost?

Comment

Looking good there Adrian cant wait to see this buitey
                      sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

amazing!!!!!!, did you just turn up with a bucket full of bits and say "plate these please"

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
                          amazing!!!!!!, did you just turn up with a bucket full of bits and say "plate these please"
                          Yes...I use aerotech in Bolton...For everything you see they charged me £60.

Comment

Looking great

Can't beat picking up a load of newly plated odds and sods

Attention to detail on this is going to be spot on

Comment

Latest update!...I had a couple of hours in the garage last night and i got rained off this afternoon,so i pressed on.
                              I have bolted most of the bits and pieces to the engine now.
                              I have a nos motorola alternator which i was going to fit but the pulley that i had re-zinced was the wrong size so i have done up the original.This also has the bonus of still having a nice ford sticker fitted.
                              There are obviously parts which i will need to take off before i put the engine in but i wanted to make sure everything fits and i have all the right fasteners.I have a better thermostst housing on its way.Its never gonna be a show winner,but i will be a nice "user".

Comment

Looks like a piece of art on its own

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Working...
                                X