they were shocking
      Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
        they were shocking
        I have pics somewhere for a rainy day

Nutty Professor

Comment

I have been quite busy in the evenings this last week working on the engine.I have rebuilt it with new main bearings,new big end bearings and new rings.I have taken all of the fasteners to the platers for new zinc so i can't button the ancillaries on to it till next week when it will be ready.
          I have also collected some parts that i have had vapour blasted.

Does anybody have any advice on the most authentic finish for the exhaust manifold please?

Comment

You work fast

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
              Does anybody have any advice on the most authentic finish for the exhaust manifold please?
              looks good as it is, need to get the bolt out

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                need to get the bolt out
                Done that today Neil!

Comment

That vapour blasting came up well, great work

Comment

Looking good there Adrian Hows doing your spraying?
                    sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

I have done a little more later on this afternoon.I am a bit stuck until the fasteners come back from the platers.I have cleaned up the fan and hung a few bits on the engine to see how it looks.I am trying not to over do it but also trying to work to a good standard....I burnished the exhaust manfold with a scotch pad and paraffin...Then i thoroughly de greased it before coating it with a clear VHT paint....Whilst the wife was at work i baked the manifold in the oven to harden the coating!

Comment

Adrian, you'll have this car finished by the end of the month if you carry on at this pace, lovely job on that manifold

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
                          Adrian, you'll have this car finished by the end of the month if you carry on at this pace, lovely job on that manifold

agree g, great to see it coming on so quickly, fan blade also came up really well
                          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Awesome pace, thought I was working quick but you make me look silly

Keep the pics coming

Comment

looks superb, what did you use to clean up the fan?

Comment

This is getting better every day, makes me want to take my engine out now and do the same.
                                Im very very impressed with the vapour blasting results, and its hard to beat a sneaky manifold baking in the oven, you might have some explaining to do if your Sunday roast tastes a bit strange though ?

Comment

Working...
                                X