Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aled View Post
    I agree with the above.....

What about amalgamating other clubs who have National days as well, rather than just 'RS' National Day ? Perhaps the group owners could get their heads together and discuss the following ?

There are others that exist that may be in the same position with diminishing attendances, restricted due to venue prices etc.

Some that spring to mind are :

1. Lotus Cortina National Day http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1007988
    2. AVO National DAY
    3. Anglia Owners http://www.fordanglia105eownersclub....ional-day-agm/
    4. Capri Owners
    5. Granada Owners

We only had to look around at Oulton to see so many separate Ford groups who could for one weekend of the year, be brought together for a great event.

I realise also that some groups would not want to see this 'teamwork' going on, probably because the clubs are run as a business in order to exist, but in this climate it is in my opinion better to try something new rather than let it all die a slow death

***Disclaimer.......I have had a glass of wine so may not be making complete sense ! ***

With due regard to your disclaimer, are you suggesting we combine six national days into one? That would immediately take five shows out of the calendar and some people are happy to go to some or all of them...

Some of the Godfathers of the club scene are currently suggesting an amalgamation of the clubs themselves. I for one am against this as it was tried (by the same people) several years ago with motor clubs and it failed. So I can't see why it would be different with owners clubs.

I really can't see why people want to change everything anyway, any show organiser would be happy if a club/group wanted to put on a stand and many shows do this. I think the problem is that some owners expect things to be put on a plate for them and expect organisers to cater for their own specific needs - the most difficult one for any organiser is the owner who decides to attend the day before...

Comment

darran

Originally posted by Darran View Post
      Yes thanks sent reply yesterday
      Didn't get it

Comment

Originally posted by steven f View Post
        watch what you post as i posted the same comment about plastic rubbish on the RS OWNERS CLUB SITE AND GOT BANNED FOR THE COMMENT
        ive not read all the comments about the day, ive never been to it so cannot comment, its the same situation over here in ireland....imo its all about cosworths n focus's...but in saying that i do feel welcomed and the guys are a good bunch.........the rsoc ireland is holding its own show in 2/3 weeks time n hopefully ill get to it this year

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger View Post
          With due regard to your disclaimer, are you suggesting we combine six national days into one? That would immediately take five shows out of the calendar and some people are happy to go to some or all of them...

Some of the Godfathers of the club scene are currently suggesting an amalgamation of the clubs themselves. I for one am against this as it was tried (by the same people) several years ago with motor clubs and it failed. So I can't see why it would be different with owners clubs.

I really can't see why people want to change everything anyway, any show organiser would be happy if a club/group wanted to put on a stand and many shows do this. I think the problem is that some owners expect things to be put on a plate for them and expect organisers to cater for their own specific needs - the most difficult one for any organiser is the owner who decides to attend the day before...
          Steve

My suggestions were just to throw a few ideas in the mix really. I would rather see teamwork amongst clubs rather than see clubs / National days become so poorly attended that they fold For example, the Andrew Greenwood shows incorporate the 'Mini' days and the 'Vauxhall / Opel days' etc and they seem to work. Basically, the expense of the show is taken away from the individual clubs.

We can either tread water and fight the battles year on year, or try and make and effort and work together

However, if the clubs are positive that they are able to provide what is 'demanded' by the members, then that's also great

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
            However, if the clubs are positive that they are able to provide what is 'demanded' by the members, then that's also great
            and thats the import thing,club national days are for there club members

Comment

As frosty has said "infield" parking is available.
              Was one of the items discussed post show on how to improve this area.
              As you come in the gates it is immediately on the left, anyone who turned up in an RS for general parking were offered this option as far as I know.
              Also how to expand visiting car clubs.
              AVO club get 20 free tickets, if only 6 cars turn up not much the organisers can do.
              But it's all down to space, the old infield has gone so can't be used. When it was there people used to moan the show was too spread out and there was too much walking to see everything.

Comment

Working...
              X