CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• loving it LARGE

Comment

• Originally posted by wiggyrs
        Not any more because I just bought it.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

• looking great Das. Is that a towing eye I see you sprayed along with the battery tray and hinges? Is that a standard German fitment part or did you make it yourself? Where have you bolted it to?

Comment

• I think the tow eye bolts to the Anti Roll bar mounts??
            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Towing eye is a german legal requirement. It is thus standard fitment. Mounts on the long bolts which secure the ARB mounting bracket and a third smaller bolt which goes into a threaded insert in the longitudinal member.

Comment

• Ah ok, thanks. Have you got any photos of it fitted by any chance? Seems like a good way for us in England to fit a towing eye without having to weld the x-member. Does it clear the nosecone ok when a tow rope is fitted?

Comment

• Will look for old photos or take new ones when I refit it. Rope only just clears the nose cone if the towing car has a VERY low attachment so rope is almost less than horizontal - not so good for track day tow trucks.

Comment

• Dont you also have a towing eye
                    on the spare wheel well?
                    Moorlands x-pack has one fitted.

Seen this on a few cars and wondered if it was
                    a German spec.Never seen it in any Ford publications,
                    but the one in your pictures im sure you know is on the
                    fiche.

cheeRS Gary...
                    sigpic

My Car in The vBGarage

Comment

• Yep. Standard too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mk2phil

Does it clear the nosecone ok when a tow rope is fitted?
                        I have fitted the same front tow eye to SKC

And on the pic below I use the "I" strap to clear the bumper/nosecone

Strap "I" is made specifically for the job of allowing winch cable to clear low slung bumpers spoilers etc

cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM
                          I have fitted the same front tow eye to SKC

And on the pic below I use the "I" strap to clear the bumper/nosecone

Strap "I" is made specifically for the job of allowing winch cable to clear low slung bumpers spoilers etc

you into bondage then , Dave

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• This is the last instalment of the Jaffa story in this forum. Anyone interested in following Jaffa's fate, I will be spending some evenings in winter getting my site up to date www.rsmk2.com and will be posting further pics and the odd data sheet there.

Comment

• why's that then das ? you've made a stirling job of it - always look forward to your updates

Comment

• Oh well. The best laid plans etc., bla bla. So I never got round to revamping the website over Christmas. Thought I might as well post a few pics of what's been going on around Jaffa.

Had some good news on the German legislation front - "period" tuning kits can be installed today on classic cars and you can still get an historic car registration. Previously, the parts had to have been installed originally in the first 10 years of the car's life and entered in the logbook.

So now a few of the goodies in the cupboard are going to escape eBay death row - sorry .

Dug out the vented disc kit bought ages ago and did the conversion. Actually used some eBay calipers which were better than mine. When I came to fit, I found they had different fixing holes to the RS2000 calipers, so I had to return to my old rusty ones and start again .

Did them in Hi-temp silver, then decided 2-Pack caliper gold looked better. Originally, they had a sort of cad plate gleam. Managed to get replacement pistons too, so the job's a good 'un finally.

Interesting when comparing the Burtons vent disc kit in which the spacers which are missing on the stub axle. Original Ford caliper attchment bolt spacers are also wrong. Fortunately, I had a different set which came with the Vent Disc Shield Kit and they were ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X