No announcement yet.

Jaffa's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated....

Jaffa continues. The bodywork idea is to do all except the final coat myself. Thus the prep and filling together with a base primer then a 2-pack filler-primer I do in the garage. It ain't 'arf difficult to sand it to a good flat surface and I've nothing but admiration for the pros! No doubt mine will need a dusting of filler-primer and a proper flatting by the pro who finally paints it. At least everything is nicely protected until then.

Next job is to turn the car round in the garage and attck the front LH inner wing/wheel arch. Then it's engine out for an engine bay refresh (already restored it a few years back, but painted it yellow which was the idea at that time for the overall colour).

Comment

Top work there Drew keep the pics coming
      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Primed

Nice looking job there Andrew.

CheeRS,

Joe.
        sigpic

Comment

good work dasa

Comment

Stunning Andrew
            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Still progressing ....

Last part of the bodywork now under attack. The engine bay and the LH Front Wing.

I'd fully restored the engine bay in about 1990, so here it goes again...

The Front Wing is getting done at the same time:

The strut tower bottom was pretty atrocious so I had to remove the doubler and patch the hole first.

Then, as I couldn't be naffed waiting 3 weeks for an Ex-pressed Steel delivery, I went into blacksmith mode and knocked up a replacement part this morning.

I didn't spend too much time on the surface finish as it will be sprayed in Teroson underseal anyway.

This is how it looks just quickly popped into place for a trial fit:

Comment

looking very good there mate......

Comment

Nice work there again
                  sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Looks mint Daz mate shold be a cracker when its done. Out of interest
                    how long is it since it has been on the road????

cheers James
                    MK11 member 356

Comment

there WERE no roads last time that was running james.......

they hadn't been invented!

Comment

top job again Drew

you dont mess about with the paint stripping do you LOL

Comment

agree with brian, top work das

Comment

Last time it was driven was about 1992! I'd just bought a house and we had to move about 50 miles from Munich towards the south. The car had already been taken off the road and had no "legal" number plates anymore.

We decided to drive it down the back roads at night and not bother getting trade plates on loan for the drive. The morning before this trip, I bottled out and got some "red" number plates for the transfer.

Anyway, we set of after dark and took the country back roads anyway. Then ......

on nearly EVERY crossing, traffic light, village etc. there was a traffic police car parked and patrolmen patrolling the roads. We later found it it was the transport of the first Eurofighter fuselage section from Munich to Italy for their first prototype and the entire route was policed. Lucky escape!

Comment

LoL at Lee. That must of been a hairy run das. I knew it was off
                              the road a while cause I remember seeing pics of it somewhere a
                              while back can't remember where though. Keep it up mate

cheers James
                              MK11 member 356

Comment

nice work Dasa..keep it up

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Working...
                                X