No announcement yet.

Mk2 mexico project begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks great Adrian, now the fun part - the rebuild.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesney View Post
      does the compresor really look like my car :confused
      No ches the compresor as no sunroof

CheeRS
      Martin

Comment

• Looks great Adrian ssssssssssssshiney
        sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

• looks cracking .be a minter when ur done.
          dav

Comment

• Another one ready for the lakes

Comment

• is it finished yet? wheres the final pics???

Comment

• the compressor in the photo's is a atlas copco XAS 85 ,two tool, powered by a deutz air cooled motor,

Comment

• I have been fairly busy over the last couple of days.
                  The car is now on axle stands and the underside is now ready for its protective coat.Next job is to clean up and coat the axle,springs, tramp bars,crossmember etc.I bought two tca's today and one track rod end,so i need another new one if anybody has one spare??...I also need a new steering rack.A new one was fitted before its last mot in 1990,sadly it was a quickrack so you need arms like legs to turn the wheel!! So its a new rack but was fitted 22 years ago!!!..So i need one of those also...I have also been looking at the new brake calipers that are on ebay..Are these any good????
                  Today i have also dropped the front seats off at the trimmers to be redone with ford beta cloth.There is a story to this which i will relay when the job is done!!!

There is even a date stamp on the bottom of the seat.

Comment

• Thats looking good Adrian
                    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

• Adrian.............took me blooming ages but just read this Resto from the start.

In between drooling over the Bikes - totally blew my brians how quick you've gone through the Mexico and still kept the quality top draw.

Brilliant find and a superb build. Looking forward to the end result
                      sigpic

Comment

• Decals fitted today.A bit of a mare tbh.They were fitted by my mate who does this day in,day out and it took him 2 and a bit hours as the decals were incorrectly labelled leaving us short of tape.Luckily Derek was able to cut some more so the job did not stop.

Comment

• Very nice, that's coming along a treat. I should imagine the finish is something to behold as it was a very straight original car to start off with.

You can't beat well treated, not hacked about cars, it takes less effort to get a great result. That said, you've already made a good deal of effort with the details etc. Great stuff keep it coming.

Comment

• Lookng good Adrian love the colour coded axle stands
                            sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

• hope to see this alongside mine this year
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

• looking well mint....keep up the good work adrian
                                sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Working...
                                X