• my post was a joke really GJ

they are from a set that Draper sell apparently

Comment

• Originally posted by grum View Post
        my post was a joke really GJ

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

• G those boot pics look great mate, what are the chrome wheel centre caps from ? MK1's

Comment

• Originally posted by Banishit View Post
            G those boot pics look great mate, what are the chrome wheel centre caps from ? MK1's
            they are the ones supplied with the mimilite wheels Bri, all i have done is add the RS centre logo, they fit the centre from "inside" the wheel thus cannot be prised off / nicked

will post a pic or two later

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

• Graham where did you get the Carbon Door Cards from as I will be after a set of these for mine in the near future
              Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Lucan View Post
                Graham where did you get the Carbon Door Cards from as I will be after a set of these for mine in the near future

JMC in Barry, south wales, will post them to you.

tel 01446 737222 or www.jmcmotorsport.co.uk

they look very nice too !

cheeRS
                sigpic

Comment

• need to now fit the centre console up to the new switchpanel gonna have to get the Dremmel out im afraid

wish me luck !!!

if i dont finish this thread you will know i made a balls up

cheeRS
                  Last edited by graham John; 14-10-2007, 17:59.
                  sigpic

Comment

• made the bold move and attacked it with the dremmel

then marked out the switch positions as i want to keep the original ones but have to relocate them into the console as the (new) switchpanel now accomodates the cut out, starter buttons, fire extinguisher etc etc

then tried a 'Dry' fit, needs to trim the edge a little to get it closer and then raise it slightly to meet the mounting holes,

once trimmed, will give it all a good clean and re fit

cheeRS
                    Last edited by graham John; 15-10-2007, 12:55.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Looking good GJ
                      Rallying in luxury,carpets,heater,heated window all items sadly missing from my scrapper.
                      Keep the pics comeing as it gives me some good ideas to copy
                      Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
                        then tried a 'Dry' fit, needs to trim the edge a little to get it closer and then raise it slightly to meet the mounting holes,

Why don't you use a piece of cardboard to copy the rounded V-form of the upper console bit (with the masterswitch and starterbutton in it)?
                        You then place the shaped cardboard bit on the lower console and dremel the V-section away.
                        If you know what I mean ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                          Why don't you use a piece of cardboard to copy the rounded V-form of the upper console bit (with the masterswitch and starterbutton in it)?
                          You then place the shaped cardboard bit on the lower console and dremel the V-section away.
                          If you know what I mean ...

what i actually done was to make a cardboard console (will put it on ebay later ) and tried it for fit, then cut the sections away, however it was not an exact science but got me more or less to where i needed to be ref marking and cutting,

finished product looks good, more pics later

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Skids View Post
                            Looking good GJ
                            Rallying in luxury,carpets,heater,heated window all items sadly missing from my scrapper.
                            Keep the pics comeing as it gives me some good ideas to copy
                            Mark

yes, the plan is to make it comfortable inside and also retaining as much standard stuff to keep it period and functional, from the outside the car will look very standard, however those in the know............

cheeRS
                            sigpic

Comment

• cleaned and fitted, looks good, however will not be properly fixed untill all the wiring is completed...............................

now...................what else to do..........................

cheeRS
                              sigpic

Comment

• If u knew how much u could have sold the console for u would'nt have cut it up like that. Saw one on eBay 2 weeks ago for 330 UK pounds

Comment

Working...
                                X