Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This could cause a few problems - When is a modified vehicle a rally car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could cause a few problems - When is a modified vehicle a rally car?

When is a modified vehicle a rally car?
    Official advice and information about MOT testing from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
    sigpic

Rally car = slow , muddy , covered in stickers and rides on a trailer .
    That's how i spot them !!! ha ha
    sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
    Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
    12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

That memo is a load of bollox anyway . If a car is built safe and passes all the mot points then they can't fail it . Brakes are always tested on brake dyno so makes no difference if they have a servo or not . They work or they don't .
      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
        that memo is a load of bollox anyway . If a car is built safe and passes all the mot points then they can't fail it . Brakes are always tested on brake dyno so makes no difference if they have a servo or not . They work or they don't .
        You know all bout loads of bollox - you talk alot of it !
        sigpic

Comment

When it HAS BEEN USED IN A RALLY END OF
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by Duratec John View Post
            You know all bout loads of bollox - you talk alot of it !
            Says the bloke with a collection of slow mud pluggers .
            When you can keep up then report back !!!

Comment

That memo is a load of bollox anyway . If a car is built safe and passes all the mot points then they can't fail it . Brakes are always tested on brake dyno so makes no difference if they have a servo or not . They work or they don't .
              So if you have a non adjustable seat in a road car it will fail MOT .That & quite a few other factors will mean that the boy racer types will be put off the road .
              Sounds like a good idea to me .

Comment

All the cars with fixed racing seats have passed MOT's at my local garage . He said they still move back and forth when you unbolt them , lol .

Comment

All the cars with fixed racing seats have passed MOT's at my local garage . He said they still move back and forth when you unbolt them , lol .
                  That is the reason that they have issued that notice to make the rules clear . So the dodgy garages have no excuse for issuing MOTs when they should not .
                  And as VOSA has to be self supporting on income now , they are almost certain to be looking for any way they can fine or take the testing licence from places that do not comply with the regulations .

Comment

I put the VOSA link on Facebook as an MOT tester I get the latest updates from VOSA

With 5 year bans and heavy fines being handed out to NT's (MOT Testers) and AE's (basically MOT station owners) I can assure you that VOSA are serious about this and all the other regulations they have bought in and a whole raft of changes being introduced in 2015

VOSA are being dictated to by Europe and watch this space but the German TuV system is only a small number of years away unless we get out of Europe pronto

If you do not agree with any regulations coming into force then you have to find a sympathetic MP who will argue your case - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT !

Oh and for any armchair experts who feel their MOT tester will pass it anyway - then that is fine until such time as VOSA get involved with an unannounced audit !

Even VOSA are now Name and Shaming !

cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

So what about Clubman spec cars ?

Is this a ploy to get cars off the road or what ??
                      sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I best put an 1100 x-flow and drum brakes back in mine then , lol .

Comment

I best put an 1100 x-flow and drum brakes back in mine then , lol .
                          Thought it had anyway?

Comment

Do they mean rally cars or competition cars, what's the difference to a car for sprinting or hillclimbing that's road registered, still need some or all of the same features as a rally car.

Why don't they use RAC MSA log book as criteria for a competing/ rally car.
                            Gone to the Dark Side but still lurking!

Comment

Originally posted by ATR477V View Post

Do they mean ...............................
                              As an MOT tester I feel VOSA dont actually know what they mean !

I have to attend various refresher courses and a different "opinion" is expressed by the VOSA trainer and the opinion expressed by the VOSA Examiner out in the field

But I will say only 1 thing - VOSA is always right and they protect only 1 organisation/person and that is VOSA not the MOT tester nor the MOT garage or even the vehicle presenter (you and me)

If ever anyone is involved in a VT 19 Statutory Appeal you will know what I mean !
                              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Working...
                              X