No announcement yet.

Genuine RS or lookalike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love original RS's and had a few over the years But im a "modder" at heart and it just doesn't seem right to chop one up now days

Comment

Having a car like mine has been a bit of a burden over the years. Many a time I've thought about swapping it for a sorted rep so I'd have a more usable car.

It's taken a long while to realize that as the car will never (hopefully) be sold I should just do with it what I please and not worry too much.

Wish I could find a stash of period ford tuning accessories.
      Getting bored with the idiots

Comment

genuine rs in standard form restored by myself couldnt show something that somebody else had restored whats the point

Comment

Stuart, step away from the bolt on goodies. Standard is the new modified.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by steven f View Post
            genuine rs in standard form restored by myself couldnt show something that somebody else had restored whats the point
            How about buying one, ripping it apart then re building it again to your liking? Does that count ya Yorkshire knob?

Comment

bought a RS and turned it into a red pop

pop rep rules
              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Hi All
                Can I offer a newcomers opinion?
                I looked at genuine RS/Mex, but I’m a fussy sod and realised I couldn’t afford one to the level I’d be happy with.
                Also, I have no workshop facility for DIY.
                In the end someone is building me a mint MK1 Mexico replica, but with engine, ‘box, axle, brakes etc of my choice, at a price that I can afford, and to a finish that I’ll be happy with. At least it’ll be all proper old-skool FORD.
                Steve

Comment

Worst thing about a rep is your spend as much time on it as "real" RS
                  then you take it along to a Ford day and someone asks "Is it a real one?"
                  and when they see it's not, you get "Oh it just a fake!!"
                  RS rep ok with me
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                    bought a RS and turned it into a red pop

pop rep rules
                    Too cool for school son.

Comment

When people ask if mine is an "original rs" i just say no , they are all behind trying too keep up !!!
                      Plus all the nice RS' are 1100L's with the chassis re-stamped anyway . Ha Ha
                      sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                      Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                        Stuart, step away from the bolt on goodies. Standard is the new modified.

Currently suffering from originality envy with the blue bubble arched RS2000 in Factory Original Book.
                        Getting bored with the idiots

Comment

I love my original standard mexico.I could never enjoy it in the same way that i can the rally car though.Anything goes really with that and it gives you an opportunity to step away from rivet counting..which i sadly do!
                          So the answer is one of each!

Comment

I'm not a replica fan, half the fun in having a none RS car is you can do something a bit different with it to make it stand out from the crowd.....or keep it looking completely standard with some big menacing machinery under the bonnet to catch out unsuspecting victims.
                            Rik

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
                              When people ask if mine is an "original rs" i just say no , they are all behind trying too keep up !!!
                              Plus all the nice RS' are 1100L's with the chassis re-stamped anyway . Ha Ha

Oooooooooooooooo your are awfull
                              sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

lol , but it's all true .
                                Who the foooook likes wobbling around 2 foot off the floor spinning one wheel (when it rains) whilst listening to a transit van engine breathing through a plastic air filter and a pea shooter !!!
                                Fooook that , i'd rather walk .
                                sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                                Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                                12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X