No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on National Day 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So £5.50 for a burger £2.50 tray of chips £2.00 a bottle of water is fair no wonder people keep away,£18 entry what a scam,so if donningtons so expensive why hold the event there seems with there prices they will be able to finish the circuit sooner than expected,I saw a couple of traders who had some descent stuff even they looked fed up no wonder at it if they got ripped off to pitch there all the other traders stuff I could get from halfords,And as for eBay there's more con artists and greedy knobs on there than enough who would pay there rip off prices ! No wonder the traders are losing money, track action what action ? Best bit was the novice pile up and we missed that cause we left with boredom lol sorry guys but these are my feelings and defo won't be going to rsoc at donnington again
    "hakuna matata"

Comment

Originally posted by steven f View Post
      watch what you post as i posted the same comment about plastic rubbish on the RS OWNERS CLUB SITE AND GOT BANNED FOR THE COMMENT
      Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
      Remember it well.
      well you know the real reason i got banned a rsoc offical using his power to his benefit

i bought a rs turbo that this offical was after he dogged it when i was selling it trying to discredit me made a few allegations then banned me from the site for commenting on a rs meet at sherburn in yorkshise saying that there was only 2 proper rs cars ther and the rest was new plastic crap

Comment

No fault of the committee cos i believe they do there best but I thought it were the worst national day i ever been to.

We got there at 7:30am to buy a load of parts for johnnys car and there was nowt worth buying. I may as well have stayed in bed and got there about 10.

A friend of mine who was there trading made £40 profit hardly worth getting out of bed for.

Numbers are dwindling unfortunately, I stayed til 3:30pm and had good crack with folks but overall I was dissapointed. Stanford Hall 2 years ago was better imo.
        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by morpheous View Post
          So £5.50 for a burger £2.50 tray of chips £2.00 a bottle of water is fair no wonder people keep away,£18 entry what a scam,so if donningtons so expensive why hold the event there
          Ok, The food situation is completely out of the club's hands. This is purely down to Donington. Solution to this is easy, If you don't like the prices as I don't either, Bring a pack up. This is what I do.

£18 is the gate price on the day. If you booked early then you get a discounted price (Ford Fair is £22 Trax is £20)

The reason we have our ND at Donington is because this is what the Club MEMBERS have asked for.

I hope I have cleared this up.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by goldymk2 View Post
            I saw in the show stands a conaught warrier engine mk2 with the owner doing rev ups for passers by what the **** is that all about ! sorry for the rant
            The Terracotta RS with the Warrior is a new RSOC member who I invited onto the Registrar Display when he came into the Paddock. Lovely car and a surprise when he lifted the bonnet

Shame he had to be a bit of a T** revving it up
            Cheers

Comment

As a 'worker bee' at events like the RSOC National Day, I'm always interested in hearing what visitors like, or dislike, about such events.

May I ask, therefore, if any of you are willing to post a thread response listing what you would like to see (and don't ask for an admission fee as low as £5, or whatever - the economics of circuit hire or stately home hire, simply wouldn't allow it ....)

Unless the requests are financially ludicrous, your response could be instructive ....

GRAHAM R

Comment

was there many cars on the mk2 display ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  The Terracotta RS with the Warrior is a new RSOC member who I invited onto the Registrar Display when he came into the Paddock. Lovely car and a surprise when he lifted the bonnet

Shame he had to be a bit of a T** revving it up
                  He had a good reg number tho son
                  Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by npikey View Post
                    was there many cars on the mk2 display ?
                    12 MK2 RS2000 & 3 MK2 Mexico on Registrar Display
                    7 or 8 MK2 in Concours
                    3 MK2 on Track (I think)

Also about 25-30 MK2's in Local Group Displays

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
                    He had a good reg number tho son
                    Was a good reg number

Due to the Anniversary of the Focus, Escos & Sapphire there was an abundance of new cars at ND this year, hopefully for the 40th Anniversary of the MK2 in 2016 we can get a BIG Turnout
                    Cheers

Comment

Pictures from the day

Did Donnington ban cameras as there's a distinct lack of pictures from the event?

Comment

rsoc national day

sounds like i did,nt miss a lot (i was working all wk end). heaves hall was good in may. an excellent turn out of cars & visitors. lots of positive comments afterwards. hope silverstne july 12 has a good turnout. im taking wk end off work to go. lets have another wk end at heaves hall. does anyone agree???

Comment

rsoc national day

meant aug 12

Comment

Yes £10 a photo , ya miserable git.

Comment

Originally Posted by steven f
                              "watch what you post as i posted the same comment about plastic rubbish on the RS OWNERS CLUB SITE AND GOT BANNED FOR THE COMMENT "

Was there many Xpacks at Donnington?

Comment

Yes a set of long lost relations , separated at birth but re- united again ,

Was great to see the pair together , was a special day.

Comment

Working...
                                X