mk2 na cosworth is it worth it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richy c View Post
    isnt it more satisfying when youve just flew round the track, the bonnets up and the cosworth you just left for dead turns up, looks under the bonnet and walks off, keep the pinto
    Ive had that alot the big rush to see whats under the bonnet then they walk away scratching there head how ??

Comment

Originally posted by xpackboy View Post
      custom will scare you to death in any car
      Originally posted by Mikethepanel View Post
      Custom scares me when were in different cars
      Custom is just scary
      Cheers

Comment

Id Say Ask Gaz oh hang on a mniute dont he only uses he for traffic light racing
        sigpic

Comment

I've got a normal "comfy" road car not a lightweight track racer (mind you none of those have ever kept up in a race yet) lol .
          Anyway the only difference between an 8v engine and a 16v engine is over 7500rpm . Simple .
          sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
          Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
          12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goldymk2 View Post
            From what i have read on here his car is a drag car with a carpet and not seen on a race track so i can not compare with his
            A drag race car ? When has a race car ever had a carpet , heater , full interior , steel panels , glass windows , etc etc (no bits missing) then ? Typical mis-imformed pub talk .

P.S your pinto ain't got 215bhp .
            sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
            Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
            12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
              A drag race car ? When has a race car ever had a carpet , heater , full interior , steel panels , glass windows , etc etc (no bits missing) then ? Typical mis-imformed pub talk .

Ding ding. Round onelol

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post

The only way to sort this out is on the track i dont do pubs so your also mis-informed,sounds like are cars are similar except i do not have a heater, carpet or back seat its std weight on the scales 904kgs without driver unarched shell.Tell me your weight and i will ballast my car !
                Rules 1, 185 toyo 888 tyres gg 2,pump fuel.
                Name your track
                Enough Said

Comment

n/a

I would leave the pinto in it.
                  With that much power there great.. had one for years.

N/a will cost loads and only a few engine builders will get you a lot more power than your pinto.

Comment

I have had a good strong pinto as. A lot know on here.I went the n a route a couple of years ago and have never looked back

Comment

May be worth driving one Steve to see if its worth the cost?
                      sigpic GC Automotive
                      Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

It would be interesting to see a few power plots or peak bhp tq @ rpm

And the most important thing are they quicker round a track if you are running leafs and do not want arches or 5 links you see where i am coming from if you under stand the circle of traction principles

Comment

Theres a few graphs here mate
                          sigpic GC Automotive
                          Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

Just looked at those graphs and now my engine is 30hp short !! ha ha funny stuff this forum lark,the only way i will find out IS IT WORTH IT is on the track but finding a car thats the same low spec shell as mine is hard any one up for a true track comparison ? Donington national day ?
                            my car is group 1 spec :
                            Engine normal old low budget stuff diesel rods std crank my own ported head
                            Front is 2 1/4 gaz ,anti dive,adjustable tcas and top mounts,standard roll bar wilwood dynalites
                            Rear is leaf springs tramp bars panhard rod gaz shocks sierra calipers
                            6inch rims all round glass steel panels.

No reply from mk1 gaz so he is not up for it ! surprize surprize

Comment

Originally posted by goldymk2 View Post
                              It would be interesting to see a few power plots or peak bhp tq @ rpm

And the most important thing are they quicker round a track if you are running leafs and do not want arches or 5 links you see where i am coming from if you under stand the circle of traction principles
                              Come round with me at donny!
                              Then see if you can keep up!

Comment

Nice one Mike ! can you book me track time as a guest ?

Comment

Working...
                                X