mk2 na cosworth is it worth it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk2 na cosworth is it worth it ?

Is it worth the cost changing from a 215bhp pinto to 16v cosworth using 48s for track use ?

Wait till the pinto blows!

Comment

mike the panel and cossie si on here will be able to answer this for you as theyve just gone down this route custom will scare you to death in a pinto engined car

Comment

custom will scare you to death in any car

Comment

I have a spare engine the same spec !
          I only get scared of drivers who do not know there own or cars abilitys

Comment

Originally posted by xpackboy View Post
            custom will scare you to death in any car
            Custom scares me when were in different cars

Comment

Originally posted by goldymk2 View Post
              Is it worth the cost changing from a 215bhp pinto to 16v cosworth using 48s for track use ?
              Not used mine on track yet,got to wait for national day for that.
              But the 248bhp will certainly be a handfull i think

Comment

I,m sure gaz will say yes!!
                sigpic GC Automotive
                Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

na cosworths are great on track, not much will get past you... but a well sorted pinto will give it a run for its money.
                  but be prepared to upgrade all your drive train to cope with it.
                  also, they dont come cheap, you will need it properly built with top notch parts if you want it to last ! ( i'm on my 3rd ! -better spec each time)
                  😯

Comment

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
                    na cosworths are great on track, not much will get past you...
                    but be prepared to upgrade all your drive train to cope with it.
                    also, they dont come cheap, you will need it properly built with top notch parts if you want it to last ! ( i'm on my 3rd ! -better spec each time)
                    Also to add to marks experiance-find a rolling road that pays attention to what you tell them and the info you bring! As i took mine to mikeanics with full engine spec on paper on the dash, he didn't read it and turned the timing too far and melted the pistons the blamed it on me!

Not going there again

Comment

Originally posted by Mikethepanel View Post
                      Not used mine on track yet,got to wait for national day for that.
                      But the 248bhp will certainly be a handfull i think

How do i book track time at national day ? i would like to push you down yhe down hill section !

Comment

Originally posted by pinto48s View Post
                        I,m sure gaz will say yes!!
                        From what i have read on here his car is a drag car with a carpet and not seen on a race track so i can not compare with his

Comment

Originally posted by goldymk2 View Post
                          How do i book track time at national day ? i would like to push you down yhe down hill section !
                          Track@nationalday.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikethepanel View Post

Just looked mike members only ? last time i went before they shut the circuit they allowed non members,i dont really want to join as the mags will end up in the bin as i dont do the b------t,i will ask a friend if he can book it for me

Comment

isnt it more satisfying when youve just flew round the track, the bonnets up and the cosworth you just left for dead turns up, looks under the bonnet and walks off, keep the pinto
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X