Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group 4 it and get it out on the track

Comment

if you sell it now you will loss so much money on the car,drive it enjoy it then sell it if u want,its a great spec, enjoy it finally

concourse is just as much about the people as it is the cars

oxford bufty there is always at least 3 there,croft there was 8 of us there.

if you showed worthers before the work in novice you would of had competiton and a teaste of concourse before you bit the built hard
      Last edited by Tim; 03-09-2007, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by M11RF View Post
        Group 4 it and get it out on the track

seconded.
        Steve Marden.Mk2 RS2 gone, now got a 420 BHP 3dr Moonstone Sierra Cosworth, its fun.

Comment

Is it the car or the scene you aren't getting the enjoyment and satisfaction out of ?

I think to get the full enjoyment out of it you have to be in it for the long run, its not just the cars, its the whole crack, the wind ups , the helping each other out, the runs out , the camping , Pauline , the advice on cars and life in general. If its about trophies Ian theres more to it than that and maybe the choice is sell Worthers, buy a nice clean useable car, relax and enjoy it. I've had trophies and binned them , they mean nowt, best when someone of this BB who's opinion you respect tells you the cars right, priceless.

If you keep making posts re I think I am gonna sell maybe your mind is made up already ...........be a shame though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
            Is it the car or the scene you aren't getting the enjoyment and satisfaction out of ?

I think to get the full enjoyment out of it you have to be in it for the long run, its not just the cars, its the whole crack, the wind ups , the helping each other out, the runs out , the camping , Pauline , the advice on cars and life in general. If its about trophies Ian theres more to it than that and maybe the choice is sell Worthers, buy a nice clean useable car, relax and enjoy it. I've had trophies and binned them , they mean nowt, best when someone of this BB who's opinion you respect tells you the cars right, priceless.

If you keep making posts re I think I am gonna sell maybe your mind is made up already ...........be a shame though.
            Paul, firstly, good meeting up at the weekend, it really has nothing to do with picking up a trophy, there just doesn,t seem to be the interest with the old school stuff. I was really keen to go to Croft, i was told it would be a great weekend, and it was in so many ways, however, to be told, your the only once in your class, really took the shine off it for me. In terms of being a genuine RS enthusiast, i had my first Mex, ALJ 914K nearly 25 years ago !!. I dont know many people who could lay claim to let Tony Lyn Jones personally put their Oche decals on their RS2000, god that was some years ago. So, Maybe the concours scene isn,t what i thought it was ??. As i say, theres now a few months to ponder... and again, nones exactly knocking the door down with a Tesco,s carrier bag. If she did go, i would certainly be buying another RS2 or same some money and buy a Mex and Topaz... f--k off

Comment

Pauline, firstly, good meeting up at the weekend, it really has nothing to do with picking up a bird, there just doesn,t seem to be the interest with the old mingers. I was really keen to go to Croft, i was told it would be a great weekend, and it was in so many ways, however, to be told, your the only once in your class, really took the shine off it for me. In terms of being a genuine enthusiast, i had my first Girlfriend, Sheila nearly 25 years ago !!. I dont know many people who could lay claim to let Paul Ruddy personally put their Oche nighty on, god that was some years ago. So, Maybe the nightclub scene isn,t what i thought it was ??. As i say, theres now a few months to ponder... and again, nones exactly knocking the door down with a Tesco,s carrier bag. If she did go, i would certainly be buying another Asda Nighty or same some money and buy a Marks & Sparks one and Topaz... f--k off

Nutty Professor

Comment

I think maybe you are taking it a little too serious Ian, There is a certain person on here who owns XPT who, when he is showing it always has a grin from ear to ear and is enjoying the whole occasion not just the showing and winning. When I saw you at ND with Worthers you were very tense and far too interested in what people thought about the car, You would feel a lot better I'm sure if you relaxed a bit and had a laugh with the rest of us because you know you are going to clean up with the trophies as it is such a stunning car.

On driving it...the choice is yours at the end of the day, Mr Robinson drives the Pop like he's stolen it sometimes so gets the enjoyment out of the car for what it was intended, When he shows it, it is always immaculately turned out and you would never know it has received death.

As for trailering I am not against that at all as I do so myself quite often only because I am lazy and like the easy option.

It's your car Ian, Do whatever pleases you with it at the end of the day and don't get too het up on other peoples opinions. It will always be a fantastic car and a credit to you whatever you decide to do.
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
                  however, to be told, your the only once in your class, really took the shine off it for me.
                  look at perious years result tables,
                  expert old skool 6 entre this year and 5 last year,expert class's arent full with competition

alan never has compeititon part from ND when he is against his brother

Comment

keep the old girl under wraps for a bit Ian, buy a good solid usable mex and drive it.
                    Uncover the RS2 when your ready for it again.

Comment

Keep it and show it and win Ian. Thats my opinion, I seen it in the flesh at classic ford, and there's too much blood sweat and tears, to drive it/ or sell it. Keep those trophies coming in, this is just the first summer of showing, and like what has been said previous, it doesn't have to be RS/FORD shows. Aled and Graham I think will both agree, we went to a classic show with all sorts of classics, and it was a great day, I bet other similar shows are too.
                      If you got the storage room, get yourself a nice drivable one/ or restore another to a good standard, and make that your driving toy, after all you know them inside out now on the restoration front

Comment

drive it and show it then if need be get the thing touched up again after a couple of years

be a shame to sell it, then there be a change in judges and next year it starts winning without your name on the logbook

agree with the Pop syndrome, use it, show it, get satifaction from it

ps. who's Tony lyn jones, a bloke who GJ met down the pub ?

Comment

the best soloution is sell it..move on and buy something you can enjoy..tidy, useable car that you can drive.
                          How many have been down this road before..but you had to find out for yourself Ian.

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
                            There's always autoglym concours.

It doesn't sound like the RSOC events are what you are looking for.
                            Most of the folks on here report the good things they got from going to an event.
                            OK RSOC ND seemed to be the exception.
                            But I know most of those people & they are true RS enthusiasts.
                            Can you really say that of yourself ..?? You are considering selling your car because you didn't get a decent trophy/plaque/cup for your efforts.??

As an example I don't see someone like Gerard posting. Asking why after a lengthy restoration & spending god knows how long driving to Rockingham his efforts were not rewarded.
                            In my opinion he did it because he is an enthusiast, no fuss about a trophy. There's always another show.

You asked for opinions Ian & mine is above.
                            we left on thurs night to get to nat day and got back home the following monday afternoon with no silverware!!!, and wasn't expecting any either,and if im living and well next year we will be back again,it's a complety different ball game over here, so much more layed back and relaxed and not too serious, the way it should be.
                            Gerard.

Comment

ian, you know my views as i've said all along, and they only concur with others have said

fit the mudflaps, drive it, a lot, get some return for your investment, smiles per mile etc, at least you wont have the hassle im going through.

there is 20+ years in that car before you'd have to do anything, so what if it ends up needing paint later on??

i was going to make the point about robbo using his and that is irriplaceable in my eyes, but he does none the less, caps off to robbo

at the end of the day its only a car

Comment

PMSL = TOPAZ, Excellent m8.
                                ps, Ian keep it m8, you will regret it if u sell it...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X