Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RS1800 View Post
    I must get out more
    darren, thats why i was off down the pub - thought it was gonna kick off for a mo !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by COS 22 View Post
      i must apologise mr custom but i thought yours was standard apart from the louvres
      i did think it also had a moggy minor fuel pump, thats a mod
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
        Gra, Tony Lyn Jones was as i remember a highly regarded member of the AVO OC, of which he and i were members. Graham would certainly remember him. I remember seeing his MK1 Mex at the Bristol CC show 85 maybe 86, it would have made Worthers look very ordinary. I think he was a BA pilot. Died of cancer, couldn,t have been much more than 40. Got pics of him putting the decals on the car in his front garden. You could see the Ford boxes on the grass. From memory i bought them from Withers of Winsford, as they were then, paid £95 as i recall.
        Hi Ian
        Tony was a very good friend of mine, I went with him to buy his RS1800.
        He and another friend of mine Jeff Mann started all this show car stuff.
        But Tony's Mexico as soon as he won AVO National day and RSOC National day he sold it.
        He got his enjoyment from the cars, the friends and collecting the parts and doing the cars up.

With your car it is to good to drive all the time. I think you need to get another RS2000 or Mexico which you can have some fun in, thats my plan. Put your car away for a while. You will never be able to build another one like it.

Cheers
        Martin

The Heart

Comment

Originally posted by silverrs View Post
          Hi Ian
          Tony was a very good friend of mine, I went with him to buy his RS1800.
          He and another friend of mine Jeff Mann started all this show car stuff.
          But Tony's Mexico as soon as he won AVO National day and RSOC National day he sold it.
          He got his enjoyment from the cars, the friends and collecting the parts and doing the cars up.

With your car it is to good to drive all the time. I think you need to get another RS2000 or Mexico which you can have some fun in, thats my plan. Put your car away for a while. You will never be able to build another one like it.

Cheers
          Martin
          Martin, if i knew how to scan the pics, i,d put them on here, i spent the whole day with Tony, nice guy, and the car turned out superb.

Comment

come on Ian its enjoying the old skool sene we are all about not moaning abt trophys our cars are for the enjoynmnent of other people your too buisy looking for faults comon man let your self go enjoy the sene its for fun

Comment

Working...
            X