Whats the point.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the point.

After driving a round trip of eight hours yesterday, on the way home i found myself asking the question. Firstly, i must say, i had a great weekend, nice to catch up with the boys and generally had a good time. However, the concours bit was very disappointing. For there only to be three old shool cars on show, each in their own classes was to be best, a joke. With respect to the other guys, i took no enjoyment on receiving a plaque that didn,t even have the date, venue or placing on it. Now i know before you jump in with "i told you so", sometimes you have to find these things out yourself. I could be on the rebound from the weekend,but i really cant see the point. I see myself with a complicated/simple choice.1. Sell it (because i cant bare the thought of watching it slowly go downhill. 2. Get it MOT,D in the spring and drive it. I know its mechanically 100% because everything is new, and following Neil up the m1 on Saturday didn,t half look sweet. I have a few months to dwell on it. And to be fair, their not exactly queing up at the door to buy her. Opinions please. . I then would put my mudflaps on

at the risk of repeating myself ...............drive it !!!!

and stop worrying about it so much, yes it wont stay as bufty but doing the lakes tour next year in it will more then make up for it and you'll enjoy it far more as a car then a bloody heavy ornament

ps, you did ask
    Cheers Glyn

Comment

No.2.

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
        After driving a round trip of eight hours yesterday, on the way home i found myself asking the question. Firstly, i must say, i had a great weekend, nice to catch up with the boys and generally had a good time. However, the concours bit was very disappointing. For there only to be three old shool cars on show, each in their own classes was to be best, a joke. With respect to the other guys, i took no enjoyment on receiving a plaque that didn,t even have the date, venue or placing on it. Now i know before you jump in with "i told you so", sometimes you have to find these things out yourself. I could be on the rebound from the weekend,but i really cant see the point. I see myself with a complicated/simple choice.1. Sell it (because i cant bare the thought of watching it slowly go downhill. 2. Get it MOT,D in the spring and drive it. I know its mechanically 100% because everything is new, and following Neil up the m1 on Saturday didn,t half look sweet. I have a few months to dwell on it. And to be fair, their not exactly queing up at the door to buy her. Opinions please. . I then would put my mudflaps on
        FIRSTLY DON'T PUT THE FLAPS ON YET , DON'T DRIVE IT CAUSE ITS TOO NICE TO DRIVE , SELL IT CAUSE I THINK YOU WILL HAVE FAR MORE OUT OR A ROAD GOING RS , JUST MY HONEST OPINION, IF IT GOES UP FOR SALE IT WON'T HANG AROUND LONG

PS SELL ME THE MUDFLAPS

Comment

Lovely car Ian seen it in the flesh but needs to be driven, thats what their for!
          Not keen on cars being trailered takes the fun away in my opinion!!!

Comment

Just get her out and drive !!!!!

I get these 'whats the point of it all' as you know I felt the same after National day.

A drive out soon fixes that.

Comment

After driving a round trip of eight hours yesterday, on the way home i found myself asking the question. Firstly, i must say, i had a great weekend, nice to catch up with the boys and generally had a good time. However, the nightclub bit was very disappointing. For there only to be three strippers on show, each in their own dresses was to be best, a joke. With respect to the other guys, i took no enjoyment on receiving a lapdance that didn,t even have the bra, knickers or tattoos on it. Now i know before you jump in with "i told you so", sometimes you have to find these things out yourself. I could be on the rebound from the weekend,but i really cant see the point. I see myself with a complicated/simple choice.1. Shag it (because i cant bare the thought of watching it slowly go downhill. 2. Get it Married, in the spring and have kids. I know its sexually 100% because everything is new, and following Neil up the m1 on Saturday he didn,t half look sweet too. I have a few months to dwell on it. And to be fair, their not exactly queing up at the door to have sex with me. Opinions please. . I then would put my flaps on

Nutty Professor

Comment

Another Ripper Topaz, My Tea Is Now All Over The Comp Screen :d

Comment

There's always autoglym concours.

It doesn't sound like the RSOC events are what you are looking for.
                  Most of the folks on here report the good things they got from going to an event.
                  OK RSOC ND seemed to be the exception.
                  But I know most of those people & they are true RS enthusiasts.
                  Can you really say that of yourself ..?? You are considering selling your car because you didn't get a decent trophy/plaque/cup for your efforts.??

As an example I don't see someone like Gerard posting. Asking why after a lengthy restoration & spending god knows how long driving to Rockingham his efforts were not rewarded.
                  In my opinion he did it because he is an enthusiast, no fuss about a trophy. There's always another show.

You asked for opinions Ian & mine is above.
                  Mark....

Comment

Ian, put a poll up.

1. Keep showing it and be unsatisfied.
                    2. Drive it and show it.
                    3. Sell it and regret it.

I bet No 2 will be tops. I can just picture it like customs at croft !

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

not sure of the answer tbh, only you can answer that, opinions are only that.

you will be dissapointed if you drive it as it will deteriate straight away,
                      sell it you will regret it
                      just get out and take to all the shows for the gold cup series, look at the enjoyment the oxford bufties have, if they win they win if not so be it, they bounce back the following week
                      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
                        , and following Neil up the m1 on Saturday didn,t half look sweet..........
                        ............THATS WHAT WE ALL FEEL LIKE WHEN WE GO TO SHOWS, REMEMBER THE LAKES TOUR CONVOY, GET A CAR YOU CAN DRIVE BOYO

Comment

this is the point.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                            , look at the enjoyment the oxford bufties have, if they win they win if not so be it, they bounce back the following week
                            YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE OXFORD BUFTY'S NEXT YEAR, YELLOW IN COLOUR

Comment

Get out and drive it Ian! With mudflaps!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X