No announcement yet.

ex smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryed quiting a few times gum/patch/hypno! non worked for me, But always said if I ever sold my mex I would give Julie (my wife) 1/2 the cash from the mex and I would quit the fags, :knob: Thought I would never sell! Any-way I havent had one since the day Deepest trailored it away Try and set yourself a set reason/point to stop and stick to it (patchs did help a bit) That was over 3 years ago and I smoked 30 a day for 15 years If i can do it anyone can,Good luck mate
    cheers paul
    P,s it was a shit load easier to give Julie 1/2 the dosh
    sigpic

Comment

If the answer deep down is a no, then you are wasting your money on products.

Various people asking you or telling you to quit doesnt work either.
      The answer has always been yes, but never really tried.

As for being told to quit, deep down I know I now HAVE to stop, no options.

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
        i'm gonna try and kick it, cant say i really enjoy it now and my throat and chest has been giving me jib latley.
        good on you vinny, you got your reasons right there if your health is suffering. as was previously said you need to pick a specific date, birthday so its easy to count how long you've been going. ive heard if you can stop for 3 weeks you've cracked it, but it takes about 18 months to get the cack out of your system, so dont restart and fill your lungs up again.
        i was upto 30 a day when i quit 10 years ago, had no problems at all for 2 weeks, then i started over eating, hence i am now 4 1/2 stone heavier than when i did smoke.
        pledge £500 to a charity if you start again, you may think twice when you get twitchy and need a hit.

and buy a bong

Comment

I gave up in September 2005.
          I can only agree with the above. You really need to want to stop.

I don't really rate any of the gums patches etc... tried them a few years back with no joy.

I had smoked 30 a day for 20 years... Just set a date, new year doesn't seem to work for most.
          I gave up & took it one day at a time, no patches etc... the first three weeks are the worst.
          Get past that & it's a peice of p!ss.... Can't stand the smell of them now.
          Mark....

Comment

cheers for all the reply's lads

COME ON CRAIG - WE CAN DO IT

Comment

go boys you can do it....i give up on the 7 july 05 and i'm doing well now...the first six weeks are the hardest and after that it get easy
              just keep going and take one day at a time. thats the best way....

good luck
              sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

come on vinny we want u to win this battle

come on vincent we want u to stop !!!!!

one day at a time m8

Comment

Use the board for your detox.

Come on here everytime you need a ciggy and we will give you a reason not to light up. Get them out of the house so you cant be tempted.

Think of how much money you will save being free of the weed. It was £3.50 a packet when I stopped, I bet its well over a fiver these days.

Nutty Professor

Comment

if you are still smoking by the time of the lakes tour, as a forefit you have to spend all weekend in a pink bikini, hows that??

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                      if you are still smoking by the time of the lakes tour, as a forefit you have to spend all weekend in a pink bikini, hows that??

MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

The only way to get off and stay off the cigs is willpower IMO...that's the way I did it after smoking for 22 years, and I havn't touched one (or really wanted one strangely enough) for over 3 years now. If you really want to quit you will Vinny, if you're not 100% committed you'll fail...simple as that. Patches and gum etc are pointless as far as I can see as they're simply a chemical crutch...there's no substitute for determination.

Comment

I can proudly say I have Never smoked a fag in my life Always hated it. Best of luck Vin, hope it works for you. (If not, You're being towed round the lakes)
                          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Alan Carr's 'Easy Way' is pretty good - no patches, gum etc. etc. just psychology. Basically there are 2 things that make you smoke - 1. the chemical addiction - this can be kicked in 3 weeks, from stopping smoking the nicotine is completely flushed out in 3 weeks and in this time you will have gone through all the cold turkey etc. and will not be chemically addicted any more. The second bit is overcoming the social addiction of smoking and that is the hardest bit. This is like things you do and associate with smoking e.g. standing around talking to your mates about RS things and having a fag in the mouth or encountering stressful situations - this program teaches you how to remind yourself that a fag doesn;t make stress any easier to cope with etc. etc.

I did it last year and stopped for about 4 months no trouble. I only started again because I put so much bloody weight on - let's face it, I'm a fat sod anyway and I really don;t need more weight on me - nicotine is an appetite suppresant and it speeds up your metabolism which is why you put weight on when you stop smoking. Got to try again this year and get off my fat arse and do some exercise !

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

well i'm into day 3 now and all going well, like arron i aint the slimest of blokes(no offenece m8) and was always worried about putting more weight on as everytime i have tried before i eat for england, so i went and joined my local gym on saturday and have now been 3 times already and plan to go 4 times and week and try and eat as healthy as possible.

Comment

well done vin, keep at it mate,
                                MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Working...
                                X