No announcement yet.

OFE 800V's ==ITS NEARLY THERE 09/05/05 = p12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you've probably already thought of it Brian but can you not adjust the bonnet by using the threaded adjuster at the front and trimming a bit off the bottom of the rubber that fits into the wing as the picture from the front looks like the left hand side of the bonnet is to high????

Chris

Oh eye and your car looks sheet hot to me!

More of Banishit's Handywork!!!

Comment

cheers chris that was my thought too, triming the the side rubbers abit, but I got so annoyed ended up walking away, maybe have a look tomorrow

Brian

Comment

Looking well Brian :thumbup:

CheeRS Neil.
        sigpic

www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment

That car's looking good Brian.wish mine was coming together that quick I keep finding that those small parts are missing and holding me up.
          sigpic

Comment

She's looking really good mate - top paint job :thumbup:

Comment

Wish I could build mine as quick. Manage about 2 hours a week on the Mex. Looking swish though Brian
              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

If you lengthen those shackles Brian, you might get it to sit a little higher!!

That is looking bloody brilliant mate, how do you manage to re-build it so
                fast? I seem to spend all day on mine and get absolutely no where!!!

Comment

LOL mark

I am going for the AWD country gent mobile look

I have got to do something about those springs LOL

next month maybe

Cheers
                  Brian

Comment

lookin good brian

Comment

• Hopefully you have tried un-locking this adjuster nut and changing the height of the bump stop that way.

I'm sure Ford didn't build them too accurately. They needed some method of making them look straight even if they weren't.

And a fantastic job your doing. If I ever lost my Twin Cam I think the money would be going to a Mk2 RS2000.

HTH

David

Comment

• HTH I left the adjusters at the exact hieght they were before all the outer panels came off the slam panel and the inner wings never changed so I dont know whats gone on

cheers for the comments though

Brian

Comment

• Maybe you got wing that came off the ford press just before the end of the production run and the swages weren't as good cause the tools were worn out so your rubbers sit higher :winky:

Chris.

More of Banishit's Handywork!!!

Comment

• I like your thinking Chrisbo

but they are the original wings that came off the car, repaired and replaced , so now the thick plottens LOL

I trimmed the underside of the front wing rubber and its now down much closer still not as it was though ?

Brian

Comment

• From the picture, it just looks like a bit of adjustment to be done.

Start with a few hand-warm dobs of plasticene to see where the bonnet is actually resting, standing proud, or just right.

Maybe the outer wing flanges got a bit distorted when removing?

Wind the front stops fully down, get the bonnet catch adjusted so that the front is flush with the nose, then adjust the rear hinge brackets so that the rear corners are flush with the wings. Then wind up the front bump stops until they have good contact with the bonnet.

Comment

• started interior fitting out but I cant reach the steering wheel no more from the seat

its a bit wierd when you see it in daylight everything matches nicely but under flash photography its all shades of brown ? still got to clean the steering wheel and other sundrie plastic items but its coming together slowly

This afternoon got all the windies back in so no i can seal the dust out

Comment

Working...
                                X