Mk2 2.3 Duratec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duratec

I've been watching this thread from the start. What a fantastic job, very different and very impressive.

CheeRS,

Joe.
    sigpic

Comment

• You have made a truly outstanding car - and I am truly jealous!

Comment

• It moved under its own power

Quick up date.

Finished all the engine running snag issues and the engine runs with no problems. Just finished the first mapping session and for the first time in about 7 years the car moved under its own power.

A few pictures of the completed engine bay.

John

Comment

• A massive well done John

Comment

• lovely john, you've done a great job

Comment

• waw, nice motor

Comment

• Just amazing .............Great work.... Bet your happy with it..
                Andy

Comment

• Stunning Build, excellent.........

Comment

• When can we see a pic of the whole thing ???????

PLEASE
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoogi View Post
                      When can we see a pic of the whole thing ???????

PLEASE

there buried in the thread

stunning it looks too
                      Cheers Glyn

Comment

• I want one
                        your car is lush very nice matey
                        Andyc
                        Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

• update required
                          Cheers Glyn

Comment

• just read the whole thread from the start (not much going on at work at the mo ), John your car is sex on wheels mate , this has to be one of the best builds in a long time. Get yourself a beer or two

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

• Thanks for the comments.

The car has a few teething problems and I had cancel my Lakes Tour entry a few days before the event.
                              You never know how a car is going to perform until you start driving it.

Problems I am currently working on:-

Long brake peddle – replace rear master cylinder from 0.7 to 0.75 and front master cylinder from 0.625 to 0.7. I have already done the rear and the peddle feels better, I am replacing the front this weekend.

Handbrake cable running on top of propshaft – raised handbrake lever / mechanism by 12mm to bring cable higher in the prop shaft tunnel.

My ECU supplier said I was getting an ECU with full emulation, but it was not the case. The ECU could not drive a wide band lambda sensor, which meant I could not measure or adjust the air fuel ratio mixture. So basically, the car drove like a pile of shite and stalled every time the car came to a stop or the engine cooling fans cut in. The ECU supplier went on holiday the weekend of the early May bank holiday and returned last weekend. I am getting the full emulation ECU today.

No engine temperature gauge or fuel level gauge. Both gauges are still dead after replacing regulator on the back of the clocks (Thanks to Miniliteman for supplying me with a NOS one), changing engine coolant temperature sender unit on engine and fuel level sender unit in tank (Thanks to Rob the Hoarder for lending me one), the vehicle loom is refurbished but I still checked it for continuity and it is OK. So the only part of the system not replaced is the actual gauges them selves in the dash, which I do not have any spares. Therefore I need to get both of these gauges that are known to work or a complete orange needle set of clocks. Any one out there got these parts, please PM me.

Once all this has been done. Map the ECU enough for me to be able to drive the car to the MOT station. Then finish the mapping.

Cheers

John

Comment

• the copper circuit is OK on the rear of the clocks is it?

they play up a treat and could well be the earth for the gauges at fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X