No announcement yet.

Mk2 2.3 Duratec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking good John, it all looks at home in there, that manifold looks even better now, good work
    MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

love the look of these manifolds - looks so purposeful

Comment

very neat install there, well done,

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

Did you change the water heat outlet pipes over to LHD side for the engine install as it looks like the water rail is on the std engine side ?

Very nice though

Comment

That's very tidy... doesn't look out of place.... keep up the good work

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a V**X***L

Comment

love that,nice neat and tidy
              sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Did you change the water heat outlet pipes over to LHD side for the engine install as it looks like the water rail is on the std engine side ?
                It does not show it this photographs, but the water rail obstructs where the heater inlet and outlet pipes were originally. I have had to turn the heater matrix over in the heater box so that it comes out the bulk head the other side of the engine were there is more space to attach the heater pipes. I am not happy with the routing of the pipe work; I will have to sort it out when there are more parts bolted to the engine.

John

Comment

or forget the heater LOL

Comment

Originally posted by John Hall View Post
                    It does not show it this photographs, but the water rail obstructs where the heater inlet and outlet pipes were originally. I have had to turn the heater matrix over in the heater box so that it comes out the bulk head the other side of the engine were there is more space to attach the heater pipes. I am not happy with the routing of the pipe work; I will have to sort it out when there are more parts bolted to the engine.

John

Bloody hell, if you don't me saying so!

The matrix can be fitted on the opposite side of the heater box?
                    I thought it may be like that on LHD MkII's but it isn't!

Well done, I'd never have thought that one can simply fit the matrix to the other side of the box!

Comment

• or forget the heater LOL
                      What….no heater. I am from the south and like my creature comforts!

Bloody hell, if you don't me saying so!

The matrix can be fitted on the opposite side of the heater box?
                      I thought it may be like that on LHD MkII's but it isn't!

Well done, I'd never have thought that one can simply fit the matrix to the other side of the box!
                      Thanks.

Yep, the matrix is reversible in the heater housing. I just had to make holes in the heater housing for the inlet and outlet heater hose connections. Cut a hole in the bulkhead for the inlet and outlet and make a blanking plate to cover the original hole in the bulkhead.

John

Comment

• Originally posted by John Hall View Post
                        What….no heater. I am from the south and like my creature comforts!

Thanks.

Yep, the matrix is reversible in the heater housing. I just had to make holes in the heater housing for the inlet and outlet heater hose connections. Cut a hole in the bulkhead for the inlet and outlet and make a blanking plate to cover the original hole in the bulkhead.

John

Is there any chance that that housing is used in anything else. i.e. Fiesta, Capri??? With the Matrix on the opposite side?

Comment

• lovely looking install

love that manifold

Comment

• Is there any chance that that housing is used in anything else. i.e. Fiesta, Capri??? With the Matrix on the opposite side?
                            There might be, but the car has a large gearbox tunnel to take a cossie T5 gearbox. So I just used the non RS2000 heater body that came with the car because I knew it fitted perfectly.

John

Comment

• sorry to say & this may offend but this complete car gives me a stiffy... .....its one of the best conversions ive seen

Comment

• Motor

You can tell those American Ford lumps a mile away, I worked on Jags a lot over the last few years, and those castings and the cam covers, are very reminiscent of the V6 motors in the Jags (Probably V6 Ranger motors?), the one-piece cam cover gaskets with the big doughnut style rings to seal around the screw holes.

Let's hope that the 4-Cylinders aren't like the early V6's, i.e. pack up left right and centre. Certainly over here (Germany) the early S-Types ('99) and the early 2.5 X-Types (con rod through block) used to send motors home for a pastime.

The Early V8's (supercharged) were p.. poor too!

Comment

Working...
                                X