No announcement yet.

mk2 mex resto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the latest mate?? Any more pictures to drool over???

Comment

Just looking at your pics. Great job it looks really well. Good look getting it finished and out spinning.
      sigpic

Comment

Soon be done
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Great to see her looking so good.

Are you keeping track of time and costs or would that be too scary to look at? Time must be a huge one.

Mike
          We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

You done a nice job there mate,well done

Comment

Looks mint mate nice wheels aswell. Not seen you over ere before kev
              hows tricks ?????.

cheers James
              MK11 member 356

Comment

thanks for all the comments
                quick update on car........
                got it home and back in my garage. got my window rubbers out and found the quarter glass rubbers missing and the rear screen rubber badly perished. front rubber still good.
                had no choice but to try some from east kent trim, even though i have heard bad things about them. got a window fitter to come round and pop them in for me. the east kent trim stuff looks good to me, fitted well and you cant tell the difference to the original ford rear screen rubber, but the rear quarter ones have a slightly different profile in my eyes , but still look good. fitted east kent boot seal too.
                got the rear wiring loom out, and put it in position. was dreading the wiring part, but turned out to be quite simple. the wires and conectors all end up in the right place when laid out, and can only go to one place to plug in.
                fitted rear lights, and petrol tank. mounted facet pump underneath, in-line filter and new pipe up to the engine bay, held along the chassis with p-clips. in the pic, the pump looks close to the axle, but i have checked it every where and it cannot come in to contact with anything.
                sorted out the rear ride height with some blocks while i was there, and fitted handbrake lever and cable.fitted some n.o.s rear mudflaps to finish off rear end.
                fitted some interior trim bits, rear shelf, rear quarters, c-pillar trims and seat belts.
                next job is to start on the front suspension/steering next week . still got boot ,bonnet,spoiler and doors to collect from painters. (my bro) he has done alot of work on the door bottoms,welding in new metal, as i gave up trying to find new doors that werent going for stupid money.
                progress will be a bit slower from now, as i am on a new shift pattern at work, bit will try to do a bit when time/family/money allows.
                some latest pics for you..........

😯

Comment

comin togther nicly, looks good with thos wheels on

Comment

looking good mark....thats where i fitted my petrol pump....its a good place just out the way....

mark....i think you have fitted your rear lamp seals over the lense and not the light body.....?....sorry to sound bad but i thought you needed to know m8.....
                    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

looking well their mark keep up the good work it will soon be done ???

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO
                        looking good mark....thats where i fitted my petrol pump....its a good place just out the way....

mark....i think you have fitted your rear lamp seals over the lense and not the light body.....?....sorry to sound bad but i thought you needed to know m8.....
                        paul, the seals are on correct on the light body. the black bits on the lenses is like a very thin trim piece on the edge of the lense. some kind of protection or something? never took much notice of them, but well spotted.
                        😯

Comment

thats starting to take shape, whens completion Date ?

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit
                            thats starting to take shape, whens completion Date ?
                            no real target date brian. still a few bits i need for it. missed the good shows for this year anyway.
                            cheers.
                            😯

Comment

looks great mark

Comment

Must admit it looks well on them rims Looking forward to seeing it finished ,
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X