Jaffa's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Hoarder View Post
    I know it's not original, but if it were mine I'd fit the wider type cover in preference to the narrow one.

The wide gasket (if a proper Ford one is used) has metal pins embedded in it to to prevent the cam cover from distorting when you tighten the fixing bolts.

A modification that Ford introduced to stop the damn things leaking !!
    Hmmm. Yeah, I know the pins - used to have Sierras in the family. I'd have to mod the cover a bit - at least inside, the baffle collides with the cam splash shield (cross-drilled cam).

Comment

• Refurbed the cam cover and the timing cover now. Need to fit gearbox and prop before tightening pulley bolts and fitting timing cover. Shame that vernier will be hidden.

Reckon the IDF's will turn out nice. Need to do a couple of helicoils but, apart from that, all seems to be going to plan. Bought overhaul kits ages ago - hope they haven't turned to dust when I dig them out tomorrow!

Comment

• Drew how come you have the winged washer on your RBT's ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Banishit View Post
          Drew how come you have the winged washer on your RBT's ?

Errrr..... I give in. What's the answer?

Comment

• Coming on very nicely dasa, bit multi-coloured wasname though innit ?

ooooohhhh! just read the rest at the top, what sort of spondies are you looking for the cam cover, not the greatest fan of Chrome on a MkII but want to a spare for mine and as I want to get mine powder coated black at some time (it's silver at moment).

Comment

• Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
              Coming on very nicely dasa, bit multi-coloured wasname though innit ?
              I actually am tending to drift away from the multicolour swapshop. I originally liked the idea - as pics of the rear axle show. The only non-original colour on the engine is the red cylinder head. Or had you spotted other non-original stuff?

The photos distort the colours a bit. In actual fact, the blue cam cover is a very deep blue and close match to the original and the red head doesn't poke your eye out so much in reality as it does in the pics. Finally, most will be hidden by the frying pan and the exhaust manifold.

(It's obvious why it had to have a red head? .....testarossa!)

Comment

• Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
                I actually am tending to drift away from the multicolour swapshop. I originally liked the idea - as pics of the rear axle show. The only non-original colour on the engine is the red cylinder head. Or had you spotted other non-original stuff?

(It's obvious why it had to have a red head? .....testarossa!)
                well yes indeed, just myself like but the red head would fit to the engine bay but with a black cover or just the blue cover and no red head, but all three together looks a bit mich IMHO.

It's your mota though Guv

what's the story with the Ferrari covers then???

Comment

Errrr..... I give in. What's the answer?
                  just never seen them fitted to roller bearings only std struts thats all nothing sinister

Comment

• Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                    just never seen them fitted to roller bearings only std struts thats all nothing sinister
                    sinistra, destra it's all italian to dasa

Comment

well yes indeed, just myself like but the red head would fit to the engine bay but with a black cover or just the blue cover and no red head, but all three together looks a bit mich IMHO.

It's your mota though Guv
                      I know what you mean! I was in multicolour mode when I gave the head to the tuning shop and said I wanted it red (like I'd previously painted it). The original red was a darkish blood red and he coated it in a garish pinky red. I didn't want to then start stripping off the paint, so Im almost hoping it might flake off at some time and I'll do an in-situ black jobbie. Was going to do the cam cover black, but when I sanded off the last silver spray can coat it turned out it was originally blue, so I decided to stick with original.

When the timing cover goes on it all becomes a bit more uniform and the 44IDF Air Filter introduces a whole football field of black into the bay.

Comment

sinistra, destra it's all italian to dasa
                        been reading F1 Tyre Warmers have we?

Comment

been reading F1 Tyre Warmers have we?
                          Na, just a bit of practical experience, lovely language, painful grammar

Comment

Na, just a bit of practical experience, lovely language, painful grammar
                            It's interesting to know where "sinister" and "dextrous" came from (left handed people being work of the devil and all that)

Comment

It's interesting to know where "sinister" and "dextrous" came from (left handed people being work of the devil and all that)
                              all those influences from Latin, makes you chuckle when you first find that out, easy to remember though not so Caldo and Freddo, at first you always think caldo, um no wrong that'll be freddo won't it what I was wanted to say

Comment

all those influences from Latin, makes you chuckle when you first find that out, easy to remember though not so Caldo and Freddo, at first you always think caldo, um no wrong that'll be freddo won't it what I was wanted to say
                                until you associate cald-o with s-cald-ing! Used to have a boss called Fred, and after a business trip to Italy, you can imagine what he became known as? the fredo. (ice tea tastes quite nice too)

Comment

Working...
                                X