No announcement yet.

Jaffa's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top job Andrew. Be careful though as If you show people how good your welding is, You'll be innundated with requests....
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Well, lots of work-work the last couple of weeks, but finally got that bl**dy double skinned wing repair done and a few other spots of welding.

Now I can carry on with the wing painting and sealing as originally intended......

Comment

Your car

Andrew I am very impressed with your dedication.

CheeRS,

Joe.
        sigpic

Comment

that is some cleaning job Andrew, I think you have far too much time on that car

Comment

Not sure about the silver colour Andrew, looks better in Sig Yellow LOL
            Excellent work!!

Andrew T
            RS MK II Member No. 351
            RSOC Member No. 40178

Comment

Top job Andrew, must say I do like the chrome/ shiney
              metal effect on the inner wing looks very max power ish.......LoL

cheers James
              MK11 member 356

Comment

Managed to get the garage up to about 15°C yesterday and today and so I dared to apply the underseal and then the paint. Not brilliant progress over the last few weeks as the paid job I do has been too demanding.

Comment

Nice and tidy
                  My mk2 has gone

Comment

Andrew what are the 5 captive nuts on the back innerwing for ? and there seems to be a excess of holes down the strut tower

Comment

Well spotted! The captive nuts are for a removable battery tray - makes initial painting and then cleaning and checks after acid spills easier. The captive nuts are bona-fide Tornado titanium bits!

There are a couple of extra holes for P-clips to retain cable looms and runs on the engine bay side. To be honest, I put them in when the bendy metal strips snapped off and was considering welding on new bendy metal tags but, as the car will never be concours / bufty I thought I'd stick with bolted on P-clips.

Comment

titanium against steel, expect some dissimilar metal corrosion anytime soon then, lucky you can unbolt your battery tray and check up at the rate of its progress

Comment

Nice job Andrew.....i,m waiting for "Pat" in the morning, lol

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop
                            titanium against steel, expect some dissimilar metal corrosion anytime soon then, lucky you can unbolt your battery tray and check up at the rate of its progress
                            Fitted them in 1985 Lee. Still waiting........ LOL!

Comment

ahhh you'll probably be ok then.................but just this once

Comment

looks like a long term project i cant wait to see the finished article keep up the good work !!!

well done

Comment

Working...
                                X