Jaffa's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banishit View Post
    not a lot wrong with those Andrew, makes a change you missed some yellow LOL
    Sorry to disappoint, Brian. If it's the photo I'm thinking of, it's bare metal reflecting the yellowish flash tinge!

Couple of orange microdots about, but that was the original colour, so no future restorer in 2037 will suspect the car ever was anything but the original colour!

Comment

• wow they look really good, some work gone on there

delorean mk2
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
        delorean mk2
        PMSL!

Comment

• Tango

Hi Andrew how is the RS progressing?

CheeRS,

Joe.
          sigpic

Comment

• Cover came off the car today. Started off the spring by sanding the downpipe back to bare metal, then a coat of VHT Gunmetal. Not sure how long it's possible to leave before heating to cure it, so I got the gas torch out and took it up to a high temperature a couple of times by putting the burner into the open ends.

Comment

• Oh well, every little bit.....

turned out to be quite a pain as one of the threads in the manifold had slightly stripped out, so the stud kept turning. Put in a long bolt which managed to engage in some intact thread left in the casting.

Amazing that the manifold holes don't line up with the studs in the head. Needed a lot of rubber hammer persuasion to slide over the studs.

Engine needs a bit of a dusting off, and don't look at the rusty spacers on the manifold studs - hadn't got new ones (are they available?) and I must admit I'm running out of steam with this shinneeyy stuff. Just want to get it fired up!

Comment

• andrew you have done a lovely job on those brake lines,fancy an all expences paid working trip to glasgow mate

Comment

• Thats looking very nice,
                  i also agree that those brake lines look very well

Don't fall off your bike.... It Hurts

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjohnie View Post
                    andrew you have done a lovely job on those brake lines,fancy an all expences paid working trip to glasgow mate
                    I'll think about it.

I've thought. I'll pass that one up this time

Comment

• Time to freshen up the trusty old NOS Group 1 Exhaust System, so the wire toothbrush has been put back into service. Wish I'd stored the exhaust properly, but thankfully, the rust only seems to be on the surface.

Comment

• thats a nice bit of kit... ...looking good
                        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• little by little.....

another tick in the box today - exhaust system on!

Comment

• very good andrew, love the parts labels, how long will they last on there

is it a ford system drew, as mine is a Ti system with earlier part numbers on
                            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• Just noticed this thread. The car is looking amazing Andrew and a credit to all your efforts so far. Keep going and can't wait to see it once finished
                              Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                                very good andrew, love the parts labels, how long will they last on there
                                I hope long enough to get the first registration process with the German TÜV done .

Actually, the Group 1 Exhaust is not street legal in Germany, being an absorption type rather than baffles. I'm hoping the stickers will lend it an air of authenticity - especially if backed up by a microfiche print out which shows those numbers are the correct ones

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                                is it a ford system drew, as mine is a Ti system with earlier part numbers on
                                I got mine over the counter from Ford Trimoco Dunstable in the '80's. Funnily enough, it has no F-o-r-d embossed trade mark on it, which seems to indicate it was done by a subcontractor without access to Ford original punches and dies and then stickered by Ford afterwards? Is that what you are referring to?

By the way - steering knuckle bolts and nuts are also now installed - cheeRS!

Comment

Working...
                                X