Mk2 mexico project begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kas750 View Post
    ..That looks really good..I will have another go at mine at a later date and see if i can improve it.

it looks ok to me adrian
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO View Post
      i did mine in satin black and this is what it come out like

Very nice engine bay :wow:
      sigpic
      Proper rallying is done down the lanes!

Comment

• Originally posted by RS_Fiesta View Post
        Very nice engine bay :wow:

cheeRS
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• Im amazed wanna finish mine for me ?then again restart it lol

BLOODCLAAARTTTT!!!! Black

Comment

• Reports are just coming in that my car will be in primer tomorrow.

Comment

• brilliant news, we need pictures

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Exactly, this thread is useless without pictures...
                Now that's got that old joke out of the way...

Progress is slow on this car, I want my money back...
                Look forward to the photographic evidence of more progress. Making storming progress so far, keep it up Adrian

Comment

• Please excuse the tardy progress on this project.
                  I have been to look at the rolling shell today and it looks really good.Although it looked straightforward it has been a mammoth task getting rid of all the parking knocks and ripples to get it properly level again.Even the genuine ford wings have needed lots of reworking to get to the standard that Andy was happy with.I have taken a couple of snaps and will try to upload later.

Comment

• Well here are a couple of pics of it in high build primer.I must admit i had a nervous smile to myself when i saw it as i reckon its gonna look ok.

Comment

• it's comin on son.......more pics
                      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• looks good! keep the pics coming.

Comment

• I decided this afternoon to have a go at cleaning up the airfilter housing that i have.
                          It has scrubbed up well but as is the way with these things the metal "spout" has started to rot.I cleaned it up and thought that i may get away with migging it up but it was well and truly knackered.
                          So i decide i would make another one.
                          First thing i removed the old one and cut it with the tin snips and hammered it flat.

I used this as a template and marked an outline on a new piece of tine and cut it out.

I then had a look around the garage for something that was circular and a similar diameter to either end of the original parts.In this case the end of an aerosol and a magnifying glass.

I then manipulated by hand the tin around these parts to get an approximate shape of the original.

I then clamped a piece of phosphor bronze bar in the vice and manipulated the tin around the bar with the body hammer until the seems lined up and then tacked and welded it together.

So i then had the correct tapered cone.

I then marked a line 4 mm from the end of the larger taper and then started to gently bend over the metal with some sharp nose pliers.

I then layed the cone with the leading edge on the bench.I placed a block of wood on top of the piece and gently hammered it down which then carried on the formation of the lipped edge.

A little bit of burnishing with a file and its ready for paint.I know its schoolboy stuff but thought it might be interesting.

Comment

• Comment

• Stunning!!!!!! That is top drawer

Comment

• great make do and mend love it , now get some pics up of the 750

Comment

Working...
                                X