No announcement yet.

WORTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers Lee, 2008...ummmm can we talk about it Lee, i like Riviera cars it would only cost you half in fuel then

Comment

• I would have thought with all your expirience that you would have had some surgical grade cloths to wrap the prop in !.The state of those tee shirts you could have contaminated the prop.Don't start taking short cuts and risks at this stage of the build .

Amazing attention to detail,**** me the inside of our new fridge isn't that clean.

Could it all be to shineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      sigpic

Comment

• superb ian
        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• Skids, the only reason the t-shirts were dirty was that the guy who built it back up had oily hands, i did suggest he cleaned them before he started, he looked bemused, so the t-shirts got sacrifised, cheers Dave,

Comment

• have the t-shirts come up ok on a 40 degree wash ian ?

Comment

• thanks for your concern Graeme, unfortunetly... not. To be honest they were destined for the local hospice shop, along with three other sack loads, never worn half the stuff, so with the inpending bedroom being fitted seemed the right time to get rid, blagged a couple out of the sack when Jenny wasn,t looking Saturday morning, a lovely bright day, so i,m going to fit the shinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny prop today.. hopefully

Comment

• so you can have it running by this evening then Ian ?

Comment

• Brian, i dont mind admiting, its another low at the mo, fuel tank went wrong last week, so thats still giving me headaches wont give up though, so thats holding me up, propshalf in today, hopefully, bottom hose blah blah blah, once the tank is in, prop on, i,ll then put the battery on and see what happens, if all goes well, i,ll then get in touch with Northampton Motorsport and get her booked in, carpet, seats, cone, decals, stickers, etc etc

Comment

• whats going wrong with the fuel tank then ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ian parker
                      along with three other sack loads, never worn half the stuff,
                      yeah that pink ones a bit gay

Nutty Professor

Comment

• Originally posted by grum
                        whats going wrong with the fuel tank then ?
                        Graeme, this page isn,t long enough, long story short. Didn,t like the greyish looking finish, so i had this fantastic idea paint it . The local paintshop that have done all my little bits and pieces, including the propshalf, assured me, plastic primer, a nice coat of satin black would be achieveable, no probs i thought, picked it up three weeks later great i thought, looked really smart, just how i wanted it, then i noticed under closer inspection....yes youve guessed it.. a bubble i popped the bubble, off it all came took it back and they blew it all off with a airgun, except the only bit you cant see which managed to stay attached for some reason, Moorlands have now assured me it was down to poor prep, and they have a guy who can make an excellent job of it. It was supplied to me without the tap, so i had to take the one out of my original tank and put it in the 69l tank, work that one out .. fun and games to say the least, straps have been painted twice cos i,m not happy with the finish, and awkward bloody thing to get to fit right, still i,m commited to fitting it, because theres additional holes in my floor and i am convinced once its in, it,ll look how i want it too patience Timothy

Comment

• my tank went in ok - took my time with it - yes there were a few head scratches, but was pleased in the end

question : do the straps you've got have a 905 number printed into them ?

trolls have, mine aint, unles its buried under the paint

as discussed before on the bb, suggest that you put some of that 1" wide thin foam between the straps and the tank - helps them bed down onto the tank

Comment

• this may sound stupid, but could you use a delicate bead and turn down the pressure and have it blasted/dusted, sometimes, the material in question will come up lovely, try a bit that cannot be seen. done a couple of hard plastic items and they some up good. Being a tank obviously every thing will have to been sealed which isnt easy but ive known fuel tanks blasted before.
                            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• i tried blasting mine dave, but to no avail - just seemed to "bounce" and didnt want to risk it anymore, especially around the joint - the best way, ive found, is to use a black wax and then keep buftying

Comment

• Originally posted by grum
                                i tried blasting mine dave, but to no avail - just seemed to "bounce" and didnt want to risk it anymore, especially around the joint - the best way, ive found, is to use a black wax and then keep buftying
                                Graeme, thats what ive been trying, good old Kiwi parade wax , however, yesterday i was assured of a cunning plan, so cunning in fact, you,d have thought the person who had come up with it had studied cunning at the university of Cunning !!, i loved Black Adder no, seriously, things should be sorted very soooooooooooooooon, all being equal, Graeme thanks for the chat and the info

Comment

Working...
                                X