No announcement yet.

The Black Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a few cables and wires in place, starting to come together now and a feeling of getting somewhere at last, soon to go in is the dash and finish off the loom and then all the various trim bits.

thanks to Martyn RS Boreham /Mrs/mr Taffr for the longer / stronger Clutch cable and i have also fitted a longer speedo cable to route away from the 4-2-1 manifold, both will be wrapped to protect them from the heat!

slowly but surely..................................

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

• Got the fuel lines delivered today, all good quality stuff, Fuel lines all aeroquiped and PTFE lined, (dont ask how much ) looking forward to fitting this weekend

with a bit of luck may finish the boot area finally, and also start to "close down" some of the interior work

cheeRS
      sigpic

Comment

• got the Dash and stalks in today, also managed to tidy up some of the wiring and wash down /clean the glovebox / clock and pod (when i eventually found em !) starting to look a little more complete now, lots of little detailed additiions to now complete but will post some pics soon,

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

• nice work,keep it up,all the bit's look mint

Comment

• as above, got the dash in today and the stalk surrounds, all cleaned and ok

and then it was on to fitting all the fuel lines, however this was a little trial and error, particularly at the front crash pad / bulkhead area, I re fitted the head (dry) in the engine bay so that i could see what was required for the positioning of the lifeline and fuel lines, both were required to be pretty close to each other, therefore some measuring /marking /Drilling were then carried out...................

wiring will be "tidied up" by the next posts later this week, however the pics are under the panel where the fusebox "lives" and taken whilst on my back

and this is where they appear in the engine bay, one on the left is Fuel, one on the right is "half" of the lifeline Fire eater (other "half" sprays over exhaust) and the fan /spray should cover the swept area covered by the 48's, the lifeline is an electric 4ltr jobbie so should have a good capacity

.................................................. ..............................................

rear firewall bulkhead, now connected and "ready to go", although for some reason the pics look a bit poor, possibly due to the Shiny paintwork interior

it looks much better in the flesh, so to speak!

ah well, getting there.........................

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

• should point out that the lifeline has Two spray points in engine bay (48's and Ex manifold), two "****pit" spray points and for the boot i will be fitting an independent system just for this area, extravagant maybe, but better safe than sorry, plus of course two 2ltr hand held units - never know when custom may start up the BBQ

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

• you bin a busy boy there "G" lookin good let me know if you need that mirror soon, i'm of to croft this weekend , so may be down week after next , you must be getting close building the rest of the lump soon , keep them pics coming,

Comment

• yes Taff, been busy doing the small little time consuming things,

mirror not desperate but will be welcome during the month of september if poss, still looking for a couple of sunvisors though if anyone out there.........................

does Debs really need her's ?

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
                    does Debs really need her's ?

cheeRS
                    yes i too am looking for a sun visor, a passenger side one with the mirror on it for the drivers side, so i can do my make up on the way to meets
                    sigpic

Comment

• i have a pair on sun visor in my shed

Comment

• one of these on the dash should do............

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          i have a pair on sun visor in my shed

mmm,

more details

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            i have a pair on sun visor in my shed
                            all mk1's have them i thought tim , sorry you meant in your shed in the garden, ooopppsss sorry
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mrstaffr View Post
                              all mk1's have them i thought tim , sorry you meant in your shed in the garden, ooopppsss sorry
                              its funny how u can go off people so fast :P

Comment

Working...
                              X