No announcement yet.

The Black Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof has turned out really well, lot (LOTS) of work gone into that to get rid of the sunshine hole, although i must admit a new skin would have been easier, quicker, however, a final rub down and away we go..........

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

• painting it this week? or does that come later??

yes, new roof would have been better!! how long till that lot cracks and shows through on a competition car?? you can always vinyl it.......

Comment

• paint long way off yet...

"special " formula for the roof - should be ok to be honest, as thread says LOTS of work gone into that particularly with the bonding / strengthening etc etc

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

• Looking good Graham Bagsie first dibs in the passenger seat when it's done.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• done!

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

• ah you made the 5 min edit damn LOL

Last edited by graham John : Yesterday at 20:43
              Cars come on well mate, nice one, is this after you telling him to pull his finger out

Comment

• Originally posted by Banishit
                ah you made the 5 min edit damn LOL

Cars come on well mate, nice one, is this after you telling him to pull his finger out

yes, a little pressure goes a long way..................

cheeRS
                sigpic

Comment

• found a nasty bit of rot in the outer sill area, however nothing too worrying and easilly repairable

and started to remove the underseal from the underside...........might become a bufty lol lol

at some point in its life the gearbox tunnel had been the subject of a large hammers attention and was stretched to high heaven and extremely thin. Plating both sides has now considerably helped to not only re strengthen but also enlarge the area for that nice "standard" straight cut box.

Front mounting point for rollcage also considerably strengthened, once all the weld has been ground down it will be a nice finish, judging by the similar type of work on the mini sat next to mine (not shown - the mini that is)

Plenum chamber repairs and also bulkhead gussets now in place..........

cheeRS
                  Last edited by graham John; 02-09-2006, 10:15.
                  sigpic

Comment

• been trying to get some other bits ready for when the old girl comes home, having bought the WCXM and Manifold i thought time for a dry run, not without its challenges though.

anyway, eventually got it all sitting right and exhaust in place.............

cheeRS
                    sigpic

Comment

• Graham,
                      spotted your toolkit in the background to match the engine ..
                      sigpic

Comment

• thats em...............lol

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

• Is the plate you have for the cage leg sufficient area and the correct thickness .I usually make mine 250mm x 150mm minimum 2mm thick,srutiners(spelling ?) are quite hot on safety ellements and it will be a real bas***d to have to re plate it when you have it all back together.
                          Just a point ,I'm not being picky but now what its like if you have to go start again when you think everything is ok.
                          Skids
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Skids
                            Is the plate you have for the cage leg sufficient area and the correct thickness .I usually make mine 250mm x 150mm minimum 2mm thick...
                            Reinforcment plates for the main hoop and front legs must be a minimum of 120 sq.cm in area and at least 3mm thick for MSA sanctioned events...better hope the scruts' don't get too fussy checking yours if they're only 2mm!!

Comment

• lookin good graham,whats the plans for the car?is it keepin the nose?

Comment

• Nose will be kept as i love the look. possibly, - just possibly it may get a series X kit, having owned many over the years i do miss the outline.
                                Colour will remain black and when complete and all run in / shaken down will get a complete respray externally.

currently enjoying getting things ready to bolt back on, could do with a little help with silly things like wiring though and so on (hint hint)

will kep the pics coming...........................

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X