No announcement yet.

bishops's new ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally managed to finish the engine bay wiring loom today, probably 80% is new wire and I am reasonably happy with how it turned out. Being an early twink loom it should have had plugs for a join across the front panel, and two joins for the headlight looms. These had clearly been chopped out in the past as there were a lot of solder joins and insulating tape to delete these plugs, no doubt due to corrosion. I decided to reinstate the plug breaks firstly for originality and secondly so I could chop out all the horrid join in bits, I have however used more modern connectors as OE wouldn't be obtainable now. I just can't wait to get it all back in the car. You may notice additional wires in the loom, they are for the luminition and kenlow fan wiring.

Comment

• Great job mate

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Quality job Bish.....you could do that for a living

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

• cant wait to go for a ride when finished lee!

im ready!............................................ ......
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
            cant wait to go for a ride when finished lee!

im ready!............................................ ......
            It's Ok Eddie, Grum hasn't done the wiring.
            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
              It's Ok Eddie, Grum hasn't done the wiring.
              kinda wish he had Kev, didn't you know bish is color blind!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
                didn't you know bish is color blind!
                LOL, i wouldnt be able to do what i did for a living if i was son

Comment

• bloody rats maze if u ask me
                  Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

• kenlow fan stripped, cleand and painted. supports stripped cleaned cut to length and painted. re assembled with new bolts. fan was paint stripped, removed red paint which was over the top of yellow paint. now back to bare plastic and repainted black, not 100% happy but may do more with it?

Comment

• the mount looked like this before

Comment

• good job i didnt come over!
                        sigpic

Comment

• finally got to see the car today, so far front panels have been removed and it has been blasted and primed. i knew i was in for a little shock, but having seen other resto threads before, i knew what was coming. the important thing is the guy doing the work is completly unfased by it all, all the structural bits are superb as is the front bulkhead.

by far the worst of it all, front floor to be replaced, A pillar and maybe a sill will make this look nice again

passenger side, no way near as bad, but some work to do

bulkhead is all good

easy repair i'm told

always horrible to see, but i havent got to fix it all up! am real excited about once its all done, and i know it will be super strong and good for a long time to enjoy after.

Comment

• Bloody hell lee , would worry me first look , who dented heater bowl ? . will look nice when done.

Comment

• wow you wouldnt have thought that, glad youre doing it now

some nice work on previous posts Lee

will it be ready for france 2011
                              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• blimey, was you expecting this?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X