My new Mex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Mex

Bought today. 75 Mexico with matching numbers and big-wing sump. Original RS Dealer sticker in rear window , KT of Dartford, will be preserved. Two owners from new. Kent number plate and V5 registered to someone in Dartford. Car is supposed to have been dry stored and floors are near perfect complete with original sound deadening (still orange painted) and carpets.

Front end work had been started and inner wings have been cleaned and painted. Excellent condition with perfect drip channels. Perfect pair of new wings. New front panel is incorrect early type with starter handle hole. Anyone want to swap for a (new) later type?)
    [ATTACH]5648[/ATTACH]

Nice dash not ruined by light and no cracks. Just needs a clean. Screen busted - need a replacement laminated one if anyone has one. Also looking for an original Springalex wheel if anyone has one for sale.
    [ATTACH]5649[/ATTACH]

Original seats, fronts need squabs recovering, rear just need a clean. Will fit some of Mr Verney's Contour Clubmans and keep original fronts. Will someone remind me of the name of the textured centre trim on these seats please?
    [ATTACH]5650[/ATTACH]

Inside of boot, original paint here nice and shiny almost a shame to remove it.
    [ATTACH]5651[/ATTACH]

Plan is to dismantle and strip shell, either soda blast or dip, some minor fabrication and repair here and there, fit and fettle non-original doors etc, then into the paint shop. I'm keeping the original orange (vestor orange?) and the car has its original late Mex Rostyle wheels. More as it happens.
    Attached Files

looks like a good project keep the pics coming !

Comment

nice one, looks like the makings of a good car, whats all the other stuff in the garage then ?

Comment

it was you then mate........ myself & another guy off turbosports missed this because you bought it......

never mind i will keep looking , just to let you know mate the avo mexico regitra has no details of the car if you want to email him some i'm sure he'd be gratefull..

good luck mate as my search goes on ...
        PAUL

Comment

nice one, good luck with the rebuild
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

bloke took my deposit with in the first 24 hours and then stitched me saying he was keeping it on ebay no matter what.
            are well there you go enjoy looks like a verry good project.

Comment

Originally posted by mr freeze View Post
              it was you then mate........ myself & another guy off turbosports missed this because you bought it......

never mind i will keep looking , just to let you know mate the avo mexico regitra has no details of the car if you want to email him some i'm sure he'd be gratefull..

good luck mate as my search goes on ...
              Sorry about that. Yes I was told there was some pretty strong lobbying going on. Spooky thing is, when I called about the car yesterday, turned out my navigator/mate lived nearby and they knew each other. Got it checked out by him last night and went down myself today. Reckon this one had my name on it. Keep looking, you'll find the right car. I've been searching hard since April.

I'm an AVO member too and will let AP know. Couple of the guys have been in on the act already helping me check it's the real deal. It is...

Comment

Originally posted by daytona_2000 View Post
                bloke took my deposit with in the first 24 hours and then stitched me saying he was keeping it on ebay no matter what.
                No hard feelings I hope. Trouble is, we're all after the same things

Comment

Originally posted by jxe54 View Post
                  I'm an AVO member too and will let AP know. Couple of the guys have been in on the act already helping me check it's the real deal. It is...
                  good luck again mate, when you starting work on it .....
                  PAUL

Comment

Originally posted by daytona_2000 View Post
                    stitched up, hope you got your deposit back,

agree, no ones to know whose who when bidding, just an unfortunate thing
                    MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Good luck with it, looks good.
                      Murdo DA

Comment

no problems, have a concours 74 mex in the garage , but you just cant have enough of a good thing.

gave me my deposit back , but its not the way i work once a deal is struck its struck .

Comment

glad you got sorted in the end, looks a nice gen thing

Comment

It will be rotten when you get the screwdriver out but then they all are . . What's the plans for it then , standard or fast ?
                            sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                            Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                            12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Ah it was you, you beat me to this by a whisker.

It looks like a real nice find, looking forward to your resto thread!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X