Started at Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pannel !

get the whole pannel replaced andy ! looking at all the graft you have put in so far ! no point cutting corners . Head down arse up mate

Comment

• Andy,

Good to talk to you today and glad you've got yourself sorted and with the Jig Mod............sounds like a solid fix to me.

Yep, I agree, new panel for the floor.

Or it'll only eat away at you thinking when is it going to start coming through again.

Jon Spellers nipping round on Wednesday to see what's needed on mine. Hopeful he's going to say I'm "Paranoid" and it's not that bad.

But I do know it's still going to cost me !!!!!!!!

I'll let you know...............
      sigpic

Comment

• Hi Hoogi, Nice talking to you. Just sent of for a new floor pan. Will finish cleaning the under side first the then start on the welding...only found one more small place to weld on the rear chassis leg..

so its.

Front panel.
        wing tops
        Wing rails
        wing pans.
        front chassis leg ( small)
        front cross member nuts...
        Rear chassis leg (small)
        Kick panels
        Wings.
        n/s floor.
        and odd bolt holes.. ie extra gearbox mounting holes. boot floor.

See you in a couple of months........

As John said Head down...
        Andy

Comment

• pics !

come on andy ! get some progress pictures up ? im bored pal

Comment

• p.s

p.s do a poll on the colour ? give us something to do

Comment

• John. Go and work on your car......you will not be bored then.....hehehehe

Ps pic's coming soon.......
              Andy

Comment

• Hi.. No not dead....just been to the planet GARAGE......been trying to get the underside sorted. Lots done and lots still to do....I will get some pics up soon, to show the progress so far. Most of the underside is in primer and most of the inside is clean waiting for paint. Lots of hole ect welded up and all the dents ect knock out. Starting to look good, but its very slow going . The underseal/ tar in places were nearly 3/4" thick.. Got some more parts aswell, so i feel at the moment am moving forward (very Slowly) Cant wait till am putting the car back together....The way its going, it will be ready for the Lakes next year. No point in rushing and finishing later this year to sit done in the garage till next year before i drive it. See you all soon at Townley
                Andy

Comment

• Are those suspension parts painted or powder-coated? Looks good!

Comment

• Hi, All the parts are just painted. Thanks for your kind words.... Should have some more pics soon.. just trying to get some good ones....
                    Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by andym View Post
                      Try this one.....

that would look good on your car andy ,shiny bits looking good ,chin up donnt worry it will come together in the end and then you'll be one happy chappy,i think igot some bumper irons to if you need give us a bell

Comment

• Right lads pics. Just nipped into the garage to take these....All panels ect have been taken back to bare metal...

was

Now.

and this

Still a very lot to do ,But i will keep you all updated.
                        Andy

Comment

• is that all you done?cant see much difference .looking good buddy.what paint have you used?as i used zinc phosphate and found stonechip reacted to it,needed a barcoat.just a thought.
                          we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• hard work

looking good andy !

Comment

• great work there

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Originally posted by andym View Post
                                Try this one.....

AGREE totally

Comment

Working...
                                X