No announcement yet.

Started at Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the comments, Engine cleaned, painted and being rebuilt.. New rings and shells, Ect The head as gone away for a skim. so with a bit of luck, it will be sorted by the weekend. Then the gearbox. Steering rack rebuilt with new bearings and now its a quick rack and its fitted to the cross member. New vented disc's turned up this morning, so i can finish the struts off. Then to the body work...
    Andy

Comment

looking well
      sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Hi Andy,

I was looking at one of your previous pics and noticed what looks like the Bump Stop that sits on the body just above the Axle Pigs Head ?

It looks new and wondering where you purchased ?

As for the rest...........looking real good.............
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Hoogi. Your pm box is full........ Yes is new, Got of ebay. i will find her name and pm you later..

Andy
          Andy

Comment

Andy..........thanks for the time & effort it's much appreciated.............

You've also given me the nudge to sort my PM box
            sigpic

Comment

Just a few more pictures to keep you all happy. Engine rebuilt, just waiting for the head to come back and the new rubber mountings. Yes i know the alternator bracket is wrong The car is stripped out now.. so going to start on that next..

comments well come.......
              Andy

Comment

looking good andy !!

hello andy ! just noticed your Alternator Brkt !! its the same as mine mate , with regards to your email last week . stuff looks great pal

Comment

nice stuff there,

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

your geting their Andy
                    CheeRS Paul
                    sigpic

Comment

Mouth Watering.............more pics, more pics !!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks lads. Gows... Getting were.... Does not feel like it.. Just keep finding more parts i need. Found some rust worm holes on the shell So need a front panel to start with and need a rollover jig. So that's the next bits am looking for...

Andy
                        Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

If it make you feel any better.............same here.............my RS has been stood for 2 1/2 years now and a couple of real small rust spots have appeared. So it's back to stripping the shell to nothing and onto Jon (Spellers) for a bit of body work. probably in 3/4 weeks time.

Got the Bump Stop delivered, so thanks again for the shout...........

I'm also finding more and more bit I need..........it gets you down but I'm sure there's a light at the end of a tunnel somewhere .

You're is going to look a when finished so just keep going.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that..... Been taking the wiring loom out tonight. There were more extra wires ..........and more black tape....
                            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
                              Thanks lads. Gows... Getting were.... Does not feel like it..
                              Andy
                              plenty of progress Andy and some good parts their.
                              CheeRS Paul
                              sigpic

Comment

Here we go... more photo's..First pic of the extra tape and wiring, That i have remove from the car..

two alarms ( on thier own small battery's)
                                fuel pump
                                air horns
                                warning lights
                                spot lights
                                ing cut off switch
                                map light
                                radio
                                speakers
                                and many more. The front loom is done just the back to sort out now.

Now the body work...

The dash needs work.. Lots of extra holes to fill..

Thanks for the comments... Its good to know that people are enjoying the rebuild.. Andy
                                Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X