Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by i-am-the-peel View Post
    i'll be at the agm again this year and can only hope that its somewhat conducted better than last years unprofessional incompetent farce.
    Totally agree with this, it was 2 sides fighting to gain control of the Top Table in front of a room full of Members, with some newer members bemused at what was going on and older Members hanging their heads in embarrassment

Change YES, Evolution YES, Revolution NO
    Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
      I was in the RSOC from 1988 - 2008 , sold my last RS then but did get my 20 year member sticker that I still have.

RSOC 8688

Son
      Your a newbie son, I thought you were there when they invented the wheel along with Robbo and Graham John

RSOC 5328
      Cheers

Comment

• It's been like that for years ...that's why I didn't renew my membership in 1990 I dont mind paying membership fees as long as all in the club benifit.

On another note I'm now getting tired of hearing ...it's all voluntary work on the committee ...yeah right

Comment

• Ruddy, some very good points, it seems the sub forums for each marque, like this one thrive, as we all have the same interest, and we feel more at home here or on FB.
          There will always be a RSOC and new faces on the top table will come and go, ive seen many changes since 1984 the good the bad and the ugly, not in any particular order I must add.
          I didn't like the way the last AGM was conducted, very unprofessional to hang your dirty washing out in the public view, then it gets a slanging match on forums and social pages, again not good.
          So the "new" committee are in, weve elected them, their words "things will change for the better"

We hear about theres nothing in the club for old skool folks, whats the answer, is this a registrar problem rather than a committee problem.

Leon, very sad day if you decide not to stay with the club, must be difficult for you being so far away, hope to see you next year at the clubs events.

Robbo 2675
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
            It's nearly Xmas folks ...

Lighten up, it's just a car club, a hobby, all this is meant to be our enjoyment, our release from the daily grind.

I was in the RSOC from 1988 - 2008 , sold my last RS then but did get my 20 year member sticker that I still have.

I loved the club, enjoyed the regional days, didn't get involved in club politics (at first) and made some life long friends despite most of us not owning RS's any more.

Honestly lads, life is far far too short to bicker and gripe about the RSOC, if your in it and enjoy it that's all that matters, if your not in it then to put it bluntly you don't really have a say.

Now, if your in it and don't agree with how things are going then stand up at the AGM with a well prepared question, backed up by facts and not hear say and have your 5 minutes, that's democracy, but, make sure you are heard and make sure you get an answer, I've seen too many people come out of AGM's non the wiser.

Personally I've realised car clubs aren't for me anymore and as I've said before I think they are a dying breed, forums and FB groups have taken over, people won't pay when they can have it for free ...or nearly free

RSOC 8688

Son
            Well said Paul.
            I was a member up until national day was moved to Stanford hall a few years back, and then I talked with my feet..
            Since the return to donnington and a few other great shows I've seen I hhad been tempted to rejoin. However reading this post, and the stories I heard from the last agm I won't be.. Seems a few good like minded people are being overshadowed by the select few
            sigpic

Comment

• It seems that the "fun and games" are continuing over at the RSOC with a seemingly well respected registrar leaving?..Not good at all for the clubs reputation.

I see that the new website has been cancelled after the old one was down for a while and clearly there is a lot of wrangling going on behind the scenes.

Can someone explain what is going on and why there is such a large turnover of officials?? The reason I ask on here is that anything slightly contentious on the club forum that is discussed appears to be locked.

Comment

• ............. sometimes it's good to be God

Comment

• Originally posted by kas750 View Post
                  It seems that the "fun and games" are continuing over at the RSOC with a seemingly well respected registrar leaving?..Not good at all for the clubs reputation.

I see that the new website has been cancelled after the old one was down for a while and clearly there is a lot of wrangling going on behind the scenes.

Can someone explain what is going on and why there is such a large turnover of officials?? The reason I ask on here is that anything slightly contentious on the club forum that is discussed appears to be locked.
                  Just had a browse on the RSOC forum, haven't been on there for almost a week. Don't know how many thread have been removed this week (if it's been the same as last week it will be alot, my last post is nowhere to be seen also), there's one thread about Clayton handing in his resignation, after some things were 'said' in the not-publicly available committee/moderators part of the forum.

In my view (some of) the committee/moderators are paranoid dictators who do not like / cannot cope with questions about themselves / the committee / the club.

Leon.

Comment

• just one members opinion here but the registrar in question has vastly over reacted to what appears to have been a heated discussion in a private part of the forum. if thats how he reacts to something that he doesn't like to hear (whatever it was) then its very probable he was in the wrong job in the first place, a great registrar no doubt and i think he should carry on with that but to chuck the toys out of the pram and go in a huff and look for sympathy because of something written in the committee area i find quite childish.
                    if it happened in the committee area it shouldn't have been splashed all over the forum, more so for none members to read and have an opinion on it as well.

to post three threads (which in my opinion were only there to look for sympathy) when one thread in the members area would have sufficed to inform people of his decision would have been enough is imo wrong and they should have been removed.
                    if he reconsiders and steps back into the committee position what happens the next time someone says something he doesn't agree with ?

there could be a dangerous precedent being set and the committee need to view whats gone on subjectively and keep it in perspective for what it was, and it appears it was a simple arguement that may have got out of hand.

Comment

• You can't go copying / pasting comments made in a secure Committee area for all to see. You sign and agree that you won't do anything like this.

For all Clayton is an excellent Registrar and looks after the Focus MK1 lads, he in my opinion is NOT Committee material. I will tell him this to his face if I see him.

The RS Owners Club is airing its dirty washing in public with a fight going on between the two opposing sides of the Committee and the only people losing out are those who care about the Club

Soon there won't be a Club if things continue the way they are going
                      Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by i-am-the-peel View Post
                        ... and the committee need to view whats gone on subjectively and keep it in perspective ...
                        Don't you mean objectively?

The RSOC is a car-club for the members; on paper it is a company with directors which is good for administration-reason etc but that doesn't mean the directors should behave like directors do.
                        In my opinion they are always accountable to the members so should be open about all things that go on.
                        If things go tits-up like the new forum, explain it all, receive a load of crap then move on. By closing/deleting threads on the forum it all becomes even more hush-hush which only leads to more agro.

As for Clayton, he feels how he feels. It's his right to explain to members and non-members how he feels and that he resigns from the committee. If he posts more than one thread about it, a moderator can merge the threads into one, and send him a pm about this.

I've read comments on the forum that it's always the same people asking questions and they are referred to as 'stirring things up'. Well maybe those people actually care about the RSOC and want to know what's going on exactly.

Regards, Leon.

Comment

• Here's an opinion.
                          I don't give a flying twix about the RSOC (Real Sad Owners Committee). Please delete the thread and move on you are spoiling it for others.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                            Don't you mean objectively?

possibly leon

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                              As for Clayton, he feels how he feels. It's his right to explain to members and non-members how he feels and that he resigns from the committee. If he posts more than one thread about it, a moderator can merge the threads into one, and send him a pm about this.

Regards, Leon.

the three threads that were posted were all worded the same mate, one in the members area, one in the message centre and one in the focus mk1 sub forum. imo one thread in the members area would have done the job. in the more recent past these threads have been posted by the chairman or the secetary which makes me think that the registrar concerned was looking for sympathy, just my opinion and of course others will disagree but i don't see the need to tell non members that a member of the committee and/or a registrar has resigned and reasons why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rallye View Post
                                Please delete the thread and move on you are spoiling it for others.
                                With that attitude you are suitable for a moderator/committee job on the RSOC!

Comment

Working...
                                X