Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kev I am sure your commitments are not in question
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

What I feared has happened (very quick).
      Minutes after posting the statements of Paul L. and my questions on the RSOC forum Moderator Clayton removed my post because it was reported as an incitement.

What I posted:
      -------------
      Paul,

regarding you statements on another Ford forum and you refusal to discuss the topic any more on that forum could you please answer my questions here.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post
      the club has been slowly run down and down over the last 5 years and its in need of a massive change , and to change means those running the club need to change

if the club was going down hill and it was , then isnt it only fair to give the new committee a chance

And as for the comment , Paul and duncan club , well that just shows how very little you realy know about the new committee
      Quote:
      Just because we are the ones who are willing to stand up and be counted doesnt mean its all our desissions

I love the way people say they have seen nothing from the new committee Wasnt National day a massive success ??

There are massive changes being made in the background regards the way the finances are done , and finaly the members will be presented with " real " figures , not made up crap like the last 5 years

Regalia is in the middle of massive change ,

It all takes time to do it correct , and remeber the committee has to update every part of this club as nothing has been imporved or updated for many years

The members will see massive changes over the next 2 years , but remember it will take time to do it right

And dont shoot the new committee for the lack of efforts from the last one
      Quote:
      You seem to be mixed up with regards exactly how the old committee worked

there was 2 people who made every desission ,

I can assure you that it simply isnt the case anymore and a vote is taken on every issue raised and all opinions are heard and a vote is taken , and unlike the old committee , once a vote has been done it stands , not like years gone by when all desissions made are changed to suit one or two
      Quote:
      We " the new committee " have done a lot to repair the damage done by the old committee who basicly have done nothing for years
      Could you elaborate on your statements please or should I repeat my questions on this forum?

Regards, Leon.
      ---------------------
      PM I received from Clayton plus my reply:

Clayton,

thanks for asking, I am not well after you removed my thread.
      I asked politely for Paul to comment on his statements he made publicly on another forum.
      Quoting those exact statement so everyone could see what I was talking about.
      In my view I never ever provoced Paul or anyone else. Removing my thread therefor in my view is unacceptable. Please put it back.

Regards, Leon.

Originally posted by Clayton
      Hi Leon,

Hope you are well.

Just to let you know that your thread has been removed as it has been reported as incitement.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Clayton
      For some time I had doubts if the RSOC was the club for me.
      This made me realise it isn't. I will not renew my RSOC membership after 24 years and rather "pay Dave Custom" for this forum.

Comment

This forum is with out any doubt the best to follow,,
        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
          Kev I am sure your commitments are not in question
          Agree with you Alan but he is still king of them knobbers ,TBH I don't give 2 shits about the RSOC mainly because it is not my thing but it is diss appointing when you see what was obviously a very strong and well run club many years ago degenerate in to personal agendas this will be in dome way a result of social media in that it went on before but would only have been noticable within the club membership . Martin has summed it up , not just motor clubs but any where you have comittees always will be conflict and accusations raised , just easier to stoke the fire now .As I see it certain people want to be heard and have their opinions accepted in both RSOC and this Forum , should leave RSOC issues in that Forum . Makes good reading though LOL
          sigpic

Comment

It's simple Leon, if they don't like the question then they delete the post
            Cheers

Comment

Meant to add that the AGM is the best place to go and get the facts and ask questions.

With this years successful National Day and Regalia sales increasing under Mickey Stewart the finances may be continuing to increase which is all good for the Club.

Hopefully the NEC Show also made a success and sold plenty of items and signed up new Members
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                It's simple Leon, if they don't like the question then they delete the post
                You are right. Full stop.
                Unacceptable in my view.
                Do we want to change this or not?
                The oncoming AGM is the place to make changes.
                I will make the trip over there for the day if needed.

Comment

Members Rule ,,,
                  sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I think the deleting of your post is wrong Leon. Clayton is part of the "New" Committee & can be very quick with that delete button. Re-post the question & ask how the hell it is incitement!
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• leon you are well within your rights to ask your questions or raise concerns as a member, nobody from the committee will enter into a discussion on here as they don't have access to the moderation permissions to remove or lock threads.
                      as often happens when questions are asked the silence is defeaning and can often tell you more than an answer would anyway, thats always been the case, so much for the 'new' open, transparent and no more bullshit attitude.

i personally don't agree with a lot of what goes on committee wise but it won't stop me paying to stay a member and attend the shows, as thats why i joined the club. the power struggles and ego's of some committee members will always produce a turn over of staff at that level and people will always come and go whether they are classed as 'old' committee or 'new'. i won't let that spoil the enjoyment of my car or having a day out with my local group.

i'll be at the agm again this year and can only hope that its somewhat conducted better than last years unprofessional incompetent farce.

Comment

• It's a shame to see a long term member like you Leon
                        Deciding not to renew , if there is anything I can help you with
                        Feel free to pm me either on here or on the RSOC board

Regards

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by i-am-the-peel View Post
                          i'll be at the agm again this year and can only hope that its somewhat conducted better than last years unprofessional incompetent farce.
                          It was indeed
                          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• committe members dont like discusions or chat sites as its there way or no way simple really just read this thread its not hard to work out

Comment

• It's nearly Xmas folks ...

Lighten up, it's just a car club, a hobby, all this is meant to be our enjoyment, our release from the daily grind.

I was in the RSOC from 1988 - 2008 , sold my last RS then but did get my 20 year member sticker that I still have.

I loved the club, enjoyed the regional days, didn't get involved in club politics (at first) and made some life long friends despite most of us not owning RS's any more.

Honestly lads, life is far far too short to bicker and gripe about the RSOC, if your in it and enjoy it that's all that matters, if your not in it then to put it bluntly you don't really have a say.

Now, if your in it and don't agree with how things are going then stand up at the AGM with a well prepared question, backed up by facts and not hear say and have your 5 minutes, that's democracy, but, make sure you are heard and make sure you get an answer, I've seen too many people come out of AGM's non the wiser.

Personally I've realised car clubs aren't for me anymore and as I've said before I think they are a dying breed, forums and FB groups have taken over, people won't pay when they can have it for free ...or nearly free

RSOC 8688

Son
                              sigpic

Comment

• If committee members do it for the love of the club. Then why do they use the clubs money for their accommodation meals drinks travelling etc. I think that’s wrong straight away. The members money should be used to better the club not individuals. As Martian stated what does the RSOC own ??? How many members are there and how much do they pay each year. I was a member but was not getting any thing for my £75 for 3 year except a flimys mag each month. I understand it costs to produce the mag but how much for christ sake.Wheres alls the money going
                                Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...
                                X