Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    You can't go copying / pasting comments made in a secure Committee area for all to see. You sign and agree that you won't do anything like this.

For all Clayton is an excellent Registrar and looks after the Focus MK1 lads, he in my opinion is NOT Committee material. I will tell him this to his face if I see him.

The RS Owners Club is airing its dirty washing in public with a fight going on between the two opposing sides of the Committee and the only people losing out are those who care about the Club

Soon there won't be a Club if things continue the way they are going
    Could it not be that the latest incident is the straw that broke the donkeys back???...I am not aiming to be combative but as a member on the periphery I am trying to understand?

Comment

• Agree that there is too much shite going on, but that happens in all car Clubs.

If you don't like how it's going stand up and walk away (it's not a paid role) so not affecting your livelyhood or income.

Throwing your toys out of the pram in public just causes more friction and everyone takes sides either for Clayton or against him.

Car Clubs are a dying breed due to Facebook, Internet Forums etc. and internal wranglings are just helping to kill them off faster
      Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Rallye View Post
        Here's an opinion.
        I don't give a flying twix about the RSOC (Real Sad Owners Committee). Please delete the thread and move on you are spoiling it for others.
        There are a lot of people who have a lot of passion for the RSOC (Myself included) So, Shush
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
          There are a lot of people who have a lot of passion for the RSOC (Myself included) So, Shush
          you know the wanker that banned me because i bought a car he wanted and he is still on there and posts on here

Comment

• Originally posted by steven f View Post
            you know the wanker that banned me because i bought a car he wanted and he is still on there and posts on here
            He's a great lad & I shake his hand every time I see him for banning you!

Comment

then keep it within the RSOC - not on here.
              sigpic

Comment

He's a great lad & I shake his hand every time I see him for banning you!
                FPMSL at you two, it's Christmas have a kiss and make up until January 1st
                Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Rallye View Post
                  then keep it within the RSOC - not on here.
                  Lots of RSOC members on here

Comment

• Oh dear it's even found it's way over here now. !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Easton View Post

Oh dear it's even found it's way over here now. !
                      Dave its made its way over here because (yes I know its hard to believe but) many of us are RSOC members and care for our club.

Yes there are also the haters but as they decide not to pay any subs then that is their prerogative.

On numerous occasions I have called the current RSOC committee The Paul and Duncan Club and unless either of these two sort out their committee then their tenure will be remembered for all the wrong reasons - I have never known so many committee members being pushed or leaving on their own accord during a two year reign and I never want to see this kind of behaviour again by any of our future Club representatives.

A big no no for me is the statement regarding "outside professional help" to deal with I.T. issues - that just stinks to me of jobs for the boys and at a cost to the club - this needs a major rethink as the way it is going the people who sign any agreement to pay such bills will not be at the helm of the club to then have to finance such bills/invoices - this is dangerous financial territory for The RSOC, its members and its Directors.
                      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                        Dave its made its way over here because (yes I know its hard to believe but) many of us are RSOC members and care for our club.

Yes there are also the haters but as they decide not to pay any subs then that is their prerogative.

On numerous occasions I have called the current RSOC committee The Paul and Duncan Club and unless either of these two sort out their committee then their tenure will be remembered for all the wrong reasons - I have never known so many committee members being pushed or leaving on their own accord during a two year reign and I never want to see this kind of behaviour again by any of our future Club representatives.

A big no no for me is the statement regarding "outside professional help" to deal with I.T. issues - that just stinks to me of jobs for the boys and at a cost to the club - this needs a major rethink as the way it is going the people who sign any agreement to pay such bills will not be at the helm of the club to then have to finance such bills/invoices - this is dangerous financial territory for The RSOC, its members and its Directors.
                        Cant be any worse than what you are remembered for as an official of the RSOC
                        Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post

Cant be any worse than what you are remembered for as an official of the RSOC
                          I resigned as MKII RS2000 Registrar due to the behaviour back then of Duncan - seems somethings never change
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Any club I have been a member of it is the right of the members to propose a vote of no confidence in any committee or member of a committee and get shut of then

No difference from premier league football managers ,,
                            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I resigned as MKII RS2000 Registrar due to the behaviour back then of Duncan - seems somethings never change
                              Is that what you tell everyone , lol

Funniest thing i have ever heard on here

So that is why you have an issue with Duncan then ?? the real reasons always come out for all to see at some point

seems a lot of truths are and will come out very shortly
                              Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post

Is that what you tell everyone , lol

Funniest thing i have ever heard on here

So that is why you have an issue with Duncan then ?? the real reasons always come out for all to see at some point

seems a lot of truths are and will come out very shortly
                                As I had not made an expenses claim for the 3 eligible RS regional shows I attended I was instructed by Kev Cannon and Greg Lee at the AGM to fill out an expenses form there and then - which I did

Then at a subsequent registrars meeting Duncan Clare made my personal finances regarding The RSOC available for all at the meeting to see BUT did not make ALL at the meeting show their financial records - I was not in attendance and was unable to discuss such records

So at that I resigned

As for you Paul - you requested a "personal visit" to your house to value your RS2000 - I said I do not do home visits as it is not within the remit of the registrars role to be expected to be a "mobile" vehicle valuer

I offered to value your vehicle at a regional show near to your location but you stated that you would not be bringing your car out and insisted I came to your house

I said OK but as this was not within my remit as a club official I would charge you £35 per hour plus travel expenses to travel to/from Wednesbury to North Yorkshire - to which you refused (dont blame you as I wouldnt have paid either as I would and do take my RS to regional shows to be valued instead)

Hope the above is a "truthfull version" of events

Well now as You and Duncan run The RSOC maybe you can rewrite the registrars "manual" to include private valuations for free - saves you getting your car out
                                cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Working...
                                X