No announcement yet.

Dvla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think you can with the new style MOT. Not sure about the old one???
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

no not with the old type, only with the new mot's....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM
        Any luck with mine yet dave?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RabC-RS2-77
          no not with the old type, only with the new mot's....
          Thought as much :winka:

Comment

hi i had the same problem wanted to inspect my car,dvla had all paper work and was told to bring car ,at the last minuite my mates trailer was not in use so decided to drive it there ,on the way there got stopped of traffic police,thought no tax or paper work told police i was going to dvla and showed paper work and he let me go ,he said no problem,no ticket or fine,
            sigpic

Comment

as long as the cars tested m8 and insured you will be ok.
              i had to present an imported scooter at the pompey dvla a few years back and drove there with no tax or number plate, quick inspection and they sent me on my way

Comment

In the letter I have received it states that "Under no circumstances" If the vehicle is void of road tax/MOT/Insurance must it be driven to the DVLA location. It must be transported with none of the road wheels making contact with the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

get a helicopter sky crane and put it on their roof the ****ers

Comment

Just spoke to them. Bloke was very friendly!!!!! Said he would get Nottingham to ring me to see if they can sort it another way.........WE'LL SEE! Stood by the phone waiting.

Comment

Kev,

I don't see why DVLA are telling you to take it to Birmingham, when the Nottingham VRO is just down the road from you at J26?! Some numpty in Swansea who failed there GCSE geography, probably thinks your closer to Birmingham!!

Ring Swansea up and tell them you want to take it to Nottingham instead. I deal with the VRO at Notts all the time, you should be fine to drive it there providing you've got an appointment with them to inspect it, but if your worried I could always come with you and we could drive it there on my trade plates if you want??

Comment

Neil. You're a star Will let you know the outcome when they ring me back....(IF)

Comment

After spending all day on the phone to them and visiting Nottm's DVLA I have now arranged for the car to be inspected in Nottingham tomorrow at 2.30 pm (Busy my arse). Only bad thing is.......The weather looks set to be shite Am going to see if I can find a trailer tomorrow but if not, I will have to drive it, No option!!!

Comment

New saga unvieled. Have just been looking through the cars history (Cheers Custom) to take tomorrow and have just found out that AFG is not a private plate but an age related transfer from an earlier private plate of "PVL 135" (This will teach me to actually read the car's history!!) Now, This has me thinking Why was this plate put on the car when the private number was transfered and not the original??? The DVLA say there will be no problem of putting YUE back on the car but I now don't really trust them. Damn it!!!

Comment

She probably a cut 'n' shut kev!!!

Only joking mate, seems weird tho all these plate changes. Bit of rain on the road good excuse to get the arse end out a time or two. Keep us posted on the outcome mate.
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Will get the chance to see if those Toyo's are any good in the wet????

Comment

Working...
                                X