Dvla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvla

Some of you might know that I am trying to return my Mexico to it's original reg of YUE 477S as opposed to the private one it has on currently. Went down to the DVLA in Nottingham to see if this could be done. "NO problem Mr Frost" came the reply. Great I thought. Sent all my documents away for both cars (Putting AFG on my Golf). Reply came yesterday, We would like you to bring the car to us for inspectipon on Thursday 6th April in BIRMINGHAM!!!. I will not be able to drive it as they have all my documents so I now can't tax it I will now have to take a day off work, Hire a trailer to get it there just for them to take a quick glance and say, "Yes it's the real car"
    I originally asked the Nottm DVLA if this would be necessary? They said not.
    Going to ring the Beurocratic?? ****s up on Monday to see if I can get round this somehow as I really can't be arsed with it all.

Anyone had any problems before with anything like this??
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Kev, the Reading office has a chap on the road for such inspections, I would have thought that other offices have likewise.

More of a worry; the transfer that you have requested is straight forward, either someone has misunderstood your request or the car has some previous history that does not correspond with DVLA's records. (such as having a clock & pod from new ! )

Good luck on Monday

Comment

hooooo,
      its all coming out na, kev............... clock n pod, lark.
      sigpic

Comment

sounds like a load of jobsworths m8. good luck anyway.

Comment

DVLA office @ Stockton on Tees is just the same Kev - full of ****in 'jobsworth' tail-ends

sigpic

www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment

Going to ring them first thing Monday seeing as they were shut today Am also worried as to why they want to see it. I have done a HPI check on it at work and it comes up all clean apart from the private plate. Tis going to be a LOT of hassle for me to take it all the way to Brum. If Reading have someone who comes out to inspect then surely Birmingham will?? I would even pay for them to come........ Barstewards!!!!!

Comment

done this myself a few years ago on an old car. all they will want to look at is your chassis number. it MUST have a stamped in number (ie strut top) not just your tag on the slam panel. i ended up lifting carpets up at my dvla office to show them stamped in number on a rs1600i. its nothing to worry about, just a pain if its not on the road.
              😯

Comment

Typical mate nowts ever straight forward.
                Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

i run personal plates on my cars and every time i change the car i get this hassle if i want to carry the plate on to the next one;

right pain in the arse.....

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

Funny how it is no hassle to BUY a private plate from DVLA though !!
                    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Kev, in my business, i deal with DVLA staff from time to time and it seems to me, they are happier finding a problem than helping you. Just last week i found out you cant pick up cherished transfer forms from the main post offices anymore, you have to go to a DVLA office, how bloody ridiculous is that, your,d think with all the money we pile into them they would make life easier, not more difficult, just to let you know, your not the only one. I,m convinced in their training, there must be a session on JOBSWORTHINESS !!!!!! LOL

Comment

Ringing tomorrow first thing. I have the chassis stamp on the strut top so all should be ok. Just don't want to have to trailer it there!!!! (If they sent me back all my deatails (Log,MOT,Insurance) Then I could tax it and drive it there. (That would be too easy for them me's thinks!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles
                          I have the chassis stamp on the strut top so all should be ok.
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Comment

can't you get your car taxed online?
                              what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

Working...
                              X