Shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shells

Is there a difference with turbo shells against standard mk 3 shells?
    Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Mk3 rs shell

Yes the roof gutter rail is shorter at the rear on a rs and the front exhaust bracket is different

Comment

There's nothing that can't be replicated Wayne, one of the best things to look for is the mountings for the ecu's under the scuttle in the engine bay and also the mountings behind the B pillar trim for the opening rear quarter windows. These were brazed on so if there's self tappers holding the Ecu's in or rear windows in then walk away.
      The roof gutter differences were age related shells and not necessarily RS/non RS specific, but a series one should have longer gutters as they were later shells.

Comment

Originally posted by i-am-the-peel View Post
        The roof gutter differences were age related shells and not necessarily RS/non RS specific, but a series one should have longer gutters as they were later shells.
        With S1's being later shells they should all have the single bolt front suspension tops and not the twin bolt. S1 shells should also have the inserts in the rear cross member for the anti roll bar brackets.

I know you know this Chris but your memory is not what it used to be, probably an age thing

Comment

I've got grey hair too Adrian

And I'm posting on my phone with fat fingers so I'll not type too much

Comment

Working...
          X