X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on yet another post
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds good Gaz, you will then know exactly what your dealing with, when do you think it,ll be ready to be done ??

Comment

You are going to go all bufty then Gaz???
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

gaz ive a mate that does it to rally cars i will ask for you and get a reply tommorrow

Comment

got loads of photos and literature back today from the above company with cars ranging from a austin healey sprite , mk1 cortina , lotus sunbeam to a scooby , surely it cant weaken the shells if someone is prepared to get "dipped" a 40 year old cortina

the pics are good quality a4 sized and shows before and after shots of the car and the quality looks superb .

this looks to me as its the way forward to stripping a shell

will still get a little more advice before i go ahed and get mine done
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
              yet again
              Originally posted by GAZ W
              on yet another post
              What are these replies to ?
              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

i'd be interested to see how it comes out if you do it GAZ W, i have never known anybody to use this facility before, although it must be effective, as so many in the past obviously have, its a shame it costs as much as it does, as im sure the process cant be that expensive, mostly profit i'm sure. at least nothing will be hidden eh??

Comment

It's bound to weaken anything if it's held together by rust and filler!

If it's really pitted and holed try blasting with crushed walnuts.

Seen it on TV, worked a treat, made me hungry.

:compress:
                  We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

I had the bonnet on my car stripped by a local place that strips wooden doors.

His tank was big enough to get a bonnet in but not a whole car.

No problems, came out very nice and clean.

Paint still ok after 13 years (self sprayed cellulose)

HTH

David

Comment

strippers

Originally posted by willid1
                      I had the bonnet on my car stripped by a local place that strips wooden doors.

His tank was big enough to get a bonnet in but not a whole car.

No problems, came out very nice and clean.

Paint still ok after 13 years (self sprayed cellulose)

HTH

David
                      cant you just dip in the front and then the back,you will only have the middle to scrape off then
                      so if they can do bonnets ,then doors should be no problem too,how much did they charge for the bonnet?
                      what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

been in touch with the company again today to disscus how safe it is to have the shell dipped and to ask what it involves , he told me 100% it will NOT weaken the shell and the only way it will make the shell lighter is by taking off the paint , underseal , and the bits of sound deadening

say the process has come on a long way in the last 20 years and a completely different type of acid is used from when people wanted cars dipping to make em lighter , although if thats what you want you an still have that done .

also says that the end results are alot better than having a car blasted (although he will say that as hes trying to sell me the product)

gonna wait and go to the classic car show in november where they have on show a car that has been cut in half and shows you the before and after
                        sigpic

Comment

wot day are you going gaz?
                          sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Originally posted by paul spence
                            wot day are you going gaz?
                            not sure yet prob saturday though
                            sigpic

Comment

not sure wot day myself yet,il let you no
                              sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Re: strippers

cant you just dip in the front and then the back,you will only have the middle to scrape off then
                                so if they can do bonnets ,then doors should be no problem too,how much did they charge for the bonnet?
                                I really can't remeber now as it was so long ago but it wasn't much more than he was charging to do wooden doors.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X