GUTTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUTTED!

just took the scort out for a few hours, seeing as i only have this week until it comes off the road for winter, and was blowing the cobwebs out down the motorway at a heady 110mph when the poxy manifold cracked, what a racket, not just blowing exhaust, but metal on metal clattering! i thought i'd beulered the engine!! its not likely to get fixed either, so my year of RS motoring is over.......

gutted for ya Lee...

Comment

doh

Comment

crap luck there Lee

maybe strain on the old girl with all those Burgers LOL

Comment

bad look mate,but like brian said it could be the extra weight.lol
          sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit
            crap luck there Lee

maybe strain on the old girl with all those Burgers LOL
            PMSL

Comment

well here it is!! any ideas for a quick bodge in situ, so i can drive it for a couple of days??

Comment

No Mate thats an off weld up no bodge for that amount of breakage the others near away too

Comment

Looks like pipe below it is split as well !
                  cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

are your engine mounts really soft? if so they could be letting the exhaust twist causing the breaks? or is it clamped to the gearbox bolt

Comment

yeah the other one does look dodgy dont it......... well ive got 6 months to get it sorted now.... i was going to change the manifold this winter anyway, as i have trouble getting a good gas seal with the metal joining ring under the floorpan.....

as for the engine mounts gone soft.... i dont know?? how do i tell? and no i never fitted the strap between one of the pipes and the gearbox bolt... there was a valid reason for this...... i couldnt be bothered! does everyone else use this even when they have fitted a four branch?
                      the other gutting thing is i have thrown two cast RS manifolds away, that could have sorted me out for a week......

never mind!

Comment

I fit the strap to stop the exhaust under the car twisting the manifold

Comment

Working...
                        X