No announcement yet.

Applied for V5C and received Built Up Vehicle Report Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I went to ring the DVLA this morning on the number they supplied in their letter. Unfortunately all I got was "this number is not recognised", so rather than ring another department and get passed about from pillar to post I have emailed the direct contact they provided. Lets just hope that isnt an unused address or something.

The HPI check I had done shows no record of vehicle being scrapped or exported so it still exists somewhere on the realms of a system. Hopefully I will get a reply tomorrow.

Comment

One trick with the DVLA if you ever get a letter with no useful numbers on. There will be a fax number there somewhere, Ring the next numerical numbers up or down of it.
      I got a supervisor and she was most unhappy i had her number. But she did sort out my problem quick.

Comment

Cheers Rob, still no email reply from them so will have to try that trick and call them

Comment

Little bit of an update for you guys. I emailed the DVLA and explained the situation that the car was not a kit car etc and had just been laid up off the road for some time and I have done the jobs it needs to put back on the road. They replied acknowledging that my car was an existing vehicle and have requested some pictures simply to prove that it physically still exists. they have asked for pictures of the car from the front, rear and sides clearly showing number plates and also a clear picture of the chassis number. Hopefully then they will send me a new V5 and I can go about getting it taxed and enjoying it

Comment

Working...
          X