Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have always had rs cars and always been in the rsoc and gone to many shows over the years and met some very good people from up and down the country, so its part of my life really and i'll support it as much as I can.

Each to their own though.

Dave.

Comment

• some of the smaller car clubs give the rsoc a real showing up with the remanufacture of hard to get bits.A club the size of the rsoc should have been doing this years ago,and i remember it getting asked at the agm prob 25 years ago.having not been a member for quite a few years did they ever get into making any parts

Comment

• The re making of parts is a poison chalice. The RSOC have 25 or so different cars to cater for. Once you re manufacture a part for one car, the owners of the others then ask why theirs isn't catered for. Small one model clubs can re do certain parts easily without conflict.
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Originally posted by 0630154 View Post
          All very sad tbh, feel for guys like oggie and robbo who just do there job as registrars and don't get involved in the politics of it all , but the truth is its been a very very cliquish club for years and it probably will never change .

A much loved club by lots of good people , but also the envy of many a other .

Sad times
          Agree
          sigpic

Comment

• The RSOC to me is Summer days, stately homes, the smell of Autoglym, convoys down the M6, simple concours rules, no finger pointers, cheap plentiful parts, picnics and if you were lucky a tin foil disposable bbq.

You're maybe all missing what you had, not what you've currently got

I need to stop looking at my old pics or I'll be in the market for a project

sigpic

Comment

• All very simple really paul .

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                  The RSOC to me is Summer days, stately homes, the smell of Autoglym, convoys down the M6, simple concours rules, no finger pointers, cheap plentiful parts, picnics and if you were lucky a tin foil disposable bbq.

Yep happy days cheap parts and lots of cars on show

Comment

• I loved my days at the Hampshire RSOC with a proper nut case membership that made summer shows a great craic and winter club nights all the worth dragging your self to because the people there and the promise of a great summer ahead. Then we all seemed to grow up I suppose and cars took a second to life and the core of us moved on. I tried to get back into the scene before moving ooop north but it just did'nt feel the same and the North wales RSOC is very woosh bang and dos'nt understand the older stuff IMHO. So in reality for me the RSOC if i were to rejoin would solely be just for the magasine and a sticker as they cant offer me anything else as even the insurance isnt that cheap and lots of other companies will do agreed valuations nowadays. But hey i might change my mind but reading this it seems the clubs in turmoil.

Comment

• Maybe the above comments go some way to explain why this website, The Lakes Tour, The Welsh Tour and many similar event s are still so popular and continue to succeed

The RSOC "wheel" does not need reinventing it just needs to be steered in a direction that gets back to where it all started - RS CARS and stop trying to be some wannabe Top 100 Company Boardroom.

We have 3500 members in The RSOC and the club needs streamlining to cater for their needs - strengthen the Registrars Role, increase awareness and involvement of local groups and reduce the number of committee roles is where I would start.
                      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• I hope you get it sorted out. It sounds like it used to be a great club.
                        I never joined, I always got the feeling that a lot of the people in the club owned RS cars not because they are a great car, but more so as, they could personally feel superior to those who didn't.

From reading above, and knowing a lot of guys through this website, I know this is not true for the majority.

I think it will be hard to keep any club going that has to spread itself over such a wide range of cars. It will always be narking someone off.
                        We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                          stop trying to be some wannabe Top 100 Company Boardroom.
                          I've kept out of the internet bickering. But one thing i have said is, Its a car club. Simple as that. There is a little more to it with the items forsale through the club. But the big ideas of starting up spare parts are way beyond a car club.

Its a club for a group of people with similar interests in Ford RS cars and more so in non RS Fords, but thats another debate.

Comment

• I agree. Paul,, great days. Back then . The smell of autogym even today reminds me of those shows days.
                            Live to regret ..or regret to live.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                                The RSOC to me is Summer days, stately homes, the smell of Autoglym, convoys down the M6, simple concours rules, no finger pointers, cheap plentiful parts, picnics and if you were lucky a tin foil disposable bbq.

Happy days Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X