Benifits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are going to love this then on Monday C4 21:00

I need to go back to work also, but never bothered claiming this time and had quite a nice time off. I've ended up with an extra £1000 tax bill for next year.....cause I claimed JSA last year for a few months (£1100ish)

I have just had a first compensation payment for lost wages from the Oil Refinery I worked at for £102....when I was owed £8400 good eh so that makes me £9.4K down. And I can't offset that as lost earnings on my tax lucky me !

The other half is a Maths teacher, and she has not had a pay rise for a few years while getting more work piled on her.

Sry just venting my spleen as it were. I'm lucky due being able to get lucrative work offshore and always been happy to pay my way but really thinking about going self employed and giving the Govt. as little as possible
    Steve

Comment

Glad I got out when I did, even in 1997 it wasn't looking that good so that's when I decided to flit.
      Had 9 back operations in the last 14 months, currently on 2 months sick as last op was a double spinal fusion and I've not lost one cent. Sadly though I'm looking at the way oz is going and I fear within 20 to 30 years it'll be like blighty was just as I was leaving :-(

Comment

Yes it's wrong when they tax the arse off you for years and then give you foooook all back if you get sick or made redundant . Put them on Rogue Traders as it's a con .
        sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Working...
        X