Rubber Petrol Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theloudboy View Post
    Sorry mate i deliver the stuff and its still E5, and the stuff has made the exhaust gasses so much more dirty than before.
    Fair enough, the UK hasn't got much time left though, as the europe-wide introduction is of E10 is 2013. E5 is only available at a premium in Germany, the oil companies (so-called) are building up a war chest to pay the fines handed down by the EU when the quotas come into force.

Comment

I thought the Germans were avoiding the E10 pumps....?
      Steve

Comment

I bought this hose, it should be less susceptible to E5 or E10 as there's no rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by TugsW View Post
          I thought the Germans were avoiding the E10 pumps....?
          To a degree, the introduction was abandoned the first time around. I think people are starting to buy the stuff more now as when prices hit €1.80 a litre any "reduction" in the cost was welcome. Added to the fact that it is there and hasn't been withdrawn straight away this time, I'm sure it's gaining ground, slowly but surely.

Comment

Does all unleaded in the uk have ethanol in then or is it just the higher octane or certain companies?
            sigpic GC Automotive
            Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

.....and does adding any lead replacement additives make any diference ?

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

Done a bit of research today.
                Most common fuel hose sold is SAE J30 R6.
                The latest spec rubber hose designed to be used with modern fuels is
                SAE J30 R9 or R10 if its immersed in fuel.
                Hope this helps.
                Geoff.
                sigpic GC Automotive
                Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

Originally posted by pinto48s View Post
                  Done a bit of research today.
                  Most common fuel hose sold is SAE J30 R6.
                  The latest spec rubber hose designed to be used with modern fuels is
                  SAE J30 R9 or R10 if its immersed in fuel.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Geoff.
                  That's good to know, problem is I replaced all my flexible fuel hoses at the end of last year, just looked at the photos I took and the hose is labelled "for use with unleaded fuel" but also says SAE J30 R6

Oh well at least it's not £100's of pounds to replace it all again.

David

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                    I bought this hose, it should be less susceptible to E5 or E10 as there's no rubber.
                    Agreed it'll resist the fuel but should ideally only be used with correct aeroquip type fittings - the ad saying it will work with barbed connectors is bogus
                    and i'd love to see someone trying to accomplish that!

Comment

Neoprene is the product to use, when I worked for BP we had to change the rubber diaphragms in pumps to Neoprene as the Ethanol just killed them.

There are lots of companies online selling Neoprene fuel lines.

The only product that I am aware of that can withstand the effects of Ethanol is Stainless Steel. When Fuel Terminals receive deliveries from Refineries they are Ethanol free and the Ethanol is delivered in Road tankers. The Ethanol is blended on the loading bay so the Ethanol goes nowhere near the mild steel main storage tanks as the Ethanol likes to eat these also. Ethanol is a ticking time bomb

Comment

sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

No wonder the fuel lines on my Tranny Van is falling apart

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Even if you get the correct fuel line what can we do about our fuel tanks, ie, line them but what with?
                            16v pintos are pants, keep them in transit vans

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger View Post
                              I've done the same on my cars Nick but it's supposed to eat copper and brass too.

This is sh!t, I can't believe they think that stuff that corrodes alloys and will no doubt cause numerous fires and possibly deaths is a good idea.

Bloody greens, save the planet, global warming, climate change, it's all bollox and yes, I truly believe that, imo it's just an easy way to tax the masses with no chance of any comeback.
                              I totally agree with you mate! In my opinion this Global Warming now renamed Climate Change is the most crazy idea I have ever come across in my life, and it's creating a load of exceptionally well paid jobs! Originally moaned about by a minority and now sold to the majority, everyone is cashing in on it because it's the only thing that's left, it affects all of us, so we all have to pay!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70191369613647#

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post
                                I totally agree with you mate! In my opinion this Global Warming now renamed Climate Change is the most crazy idea I have ever come across in my life

Ask that lot up in the North East, I hear they have had a drop or two of water

Anyway, as I said if you're looking for someone to blame, try the manufacturers of the big fat gas guzzling cars, i.e. BMW, Daimler, Porsche and not to forget all these useless obnoxious 4-wds (SUVs) etc, they have namely demanded the increase in ethanol to offset the consumption in their heavy, pointless vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X