No announcement yet.

Footman James...robbin' ba....ds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ would not insure my mex as it had a roll cage fitted i had been with AON with no probs for years.i went with a motorsport insurance firm in the end no probs.

Comment

Not good news about FJ. I was going to sort out some insurance for mine as I've not insured it for years as it's been off the road, but it was through FJ last time.

I want to get some cover as I'll be pulling the car in and out of the garage while I'm restoring it and people who weren't aware of it being in their will obviously see it. I can't expect a high agreed value whilst being worked on, but the moment it looks more presentable I'd take photos and want it upgraded to agreed value. So is this even possible? Should I just take out some classic zero miles policy and accept that I effectively bin the cover once I can apply for agreed value?

The other factor is that since buying a Z3 3 litre I think I might find the standard RS2000 a bit flat, so I think I'll end up doing some upgrades. Not quite sure what upgrades yet, plus I may as well fit better brakes straight away as they need doing anyway after the long lay up. As the car is quite original, I'd want to do reversable mods, so probably just upgrades to the Pinto engine, especially if this is likely to be easier to insure.

For reference I'm approaching Saga age (probably over it by the time I get mine back on the road ) so I wasn't expecting any issues with insurance.

Comment

you should all try Greg at cherished vehicle insurance.
        Amazing prices and great service.

Comment

Latest instalment.

The extra premium that i was quoted included a £20 admin fee.

I chewed this over in the last few days and realised that this once i needed to bite the bullet and pay up.
          I rang up today to make the payment with my debit card and was informed that if i was paying by card the transaction would be subject to an extra £1.50 fee.You really couldn't make it up.
          What a shower of shit!

Comment

these muppets insured my 2 door super last year. checked on dvla data base and all year they had insured the car on there system as a 4 boor gt, good job never got pulled by cops or had a crash , then they decided to put this years policy up by 30 quid, i dont think so

Comment

Working...
            X