Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many talkers and few dooers!

Comment

Well if I won the lottery I'd buy it - but if not, good luck with the sale. If only it had come up last month before I bought the wife a new kitchen. I recon it'll not hang about long, so I will buy an extra scratch card this week.... What a BARGAIN!

I like these comments, they tell you a lot about the people posting this type of sh!te!

I do remember seeing a car I was really tempted to buy at the advertised price a good while ago but after the 'experts' on here had their say, it went up drastically overnight and I just couldn't be bothered - it was still for sale 12 months on... So don't tell me post on here make no difference to the sellers attitude to their car, it's human nature to doubt yourself if enough people tell you that you are selling something too cheap - even if they don't have a clue what they are on about!

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger View Post

So don't tell me post on here make no difference to the sellers attitude to their car, it's human nature to doubt yourself if enough people tell you that you are selling something too cheap - even if they don't have a clue what they are on about!
        Steve

I say Ferrari F40's are too cheap at the moment

I will never have the money to buy one

BUT

if I had one I would still say they are too cheap as I would like mine to be worth more (in the eyes of the Internet Users) if I ever came to sell it !

The car offered for sale at The Heaves at £40k+ is only worth that if a BUYER decides it is worth it and hands over the cash - up until that point it is the sellers opinion it is worth £40k+

Anyone else saying that £40k is too cheap is either an owner of a similar car and it is in their interest to keep prices high or they have no ability or intention of ever buying it (unless their numbers come up - which at odds of 75,000,000 to 1 are quite remote)
        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally Posted by TimGR
          I think this thread should be locked.

Originally Posted by TimGR
          I think this thread should be locked

Originally posted by bigjohnie View Post
          seriously and why

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
            When i brought LAR i kept quiet, saw the add after a tip from frosty, rang aaron, viewed the car 4 days later and brought it. i was pooing meself all week that someone would beat me to it. The talkers are just that and will most likely never buy. Surely when buying a car the least people that know the better. Other than friendly banter etc as i said earlier the rest of the talk is just pointless.

I do feel that folk that may have seen a car and put positive comments about it can help the sale and so locking threads could hinder a sale from that point of view.
            Agree with you son

Positive comments and a wide range of opinions are good.

It always seems that good cars don't hang around long 'if' priced correctly and advertised honestly with good descriptions and good photos.

As with sales in any market whether it's a car, washing machine or mobile phone the more approachable the seller is and the more helpful they are the more likely they are to complete the transaction

Keep threads OPEN but allow Custom to moderate if required
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Agree with you son

Positive comments and a wide range of opinions are good.

It always seems that good cars don't hang around long 'if' priced correctly and advertised honestly with good descriptions and good photos.

As with sales in any market whether it's a car, washing machine or mobile phone the more approachable the seller is and the more helpful they are the more likely they are to complete the transaction

Keep threads OPEN but allow Custom to moderate if required
              yes positive comments are good if they have seen the car but to many idiots comment that have not

the proof is out there car advertised at 40k people say its to cheap worth 50 or 60k they would be better off not posting and just buying it and earning themselves 20k simple really

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer View Post
                Too many takers and few donors!
                ..... more like it son

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                  ...Anyone else saying that £40k is too cheap is either an owner of a similar car and it is in their interest to keep prices high or they have no ability or intention of ever buying it (unless their numbers come up - which at odds of 75,000,000 to 1 are quite remote)
                  I totally agree Dave. Maybe rather than locking threads, we could have a nice image to post after all the (and I'm quoting other peoples descriptions here) 'idiots' posts.

I think this one fits nice

Feel free to use it anytime you wish - I think it may just do the trick.

Comment

This is more likely....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post
                      If you tell the truth about the car you have nothing to worry about so why lock the thread
                      But how many people tell the truth about there cars,9 out of 10 cars for sale are ****ed crap and if the people said what they realy were everyone would fall out so you cant win and alot of the people get there mates to big there cars up so it sounds good,nearly all the good cars dont see the internet

Comment

Working...
                      X