No announcement yet.

proffesionals car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC i went off the SR to be fitted into filming so in some it had it in others it doesn't ?

Comment

rear end of a mk1 at 1.22

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
        he told some great stories
        would do well on here then

Nutty Professor

Comment

I have read one or two things on this car. It is just a very good aftermarket roof. It is not a Ford fitment factory or otherwise.
          As said previously, it was added as the director felt he the lighting was poor with the tin-top.

As to the phantom appearance, I assume it was added during shooting. The episode you mention must be either the last of S1 or the very first show in S2.

Although, I don't know how they managed in the Sweeney, the Consul had a steel sunroof?!

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
            I have read one or two things on this car. It is just a very good aftermarket roof. It is not a Ford fitment factory or otherwise.
            As said previously, it was added as the director felt he the lighting was poor with the tin-top.

As to the phantom appearance, I assume it was added during shooting. The episode you mention must be either the last of S1 or the very first show in S2.

Although, I don't know how they managed in the Sweeney, the Consul had a steel sunroof?!
            the sweeney didny have to contend with a huge perm!
            sigpic

Comment

Old thread alert.
              watching one episode today and noticed loads of overspray on the passenegr door handle and rubber! SAD lol. Must have had some hammer though filming Must have used different cars on the same reg though, as it had roll tops today, yet the other day it had fishnets.

So, is it being restored?

Comment

I'd love to see pictures of it now

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

It's under restoration and has been for a while now, the sunroof was out of a southafrican car due to it being bigger, there was a cars reunited thread a while back that covered the car well
                  sigpic

Comment

Comment

Good read this ! Thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by Lee R View Post
                        Old thread alert.
                        watching one episode today and noticed loads of overspray on the passenegr door handle and rubber! SAD lol. Must have had some hammer though filming Must have used different cars on the same reg though, as it had roll tops today, yet the other day it had fishnets.

Ignore this idiot lol, the fishnets were in the capri

Comment

Originally posted by Lee R View Post
                          Old thread alert.

During around 1979 I had just bought my very mint 14 month old RS2000, but was very tempted when this car came up for sale. It did not look original on the tv series and I saw the way it was abused so decided to leave it well alone.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                          X