Is it a BMW thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigNud View Post
    i wonder if the bloke who sold it to you thought the same thing when you brought it lol.
    fpmsl spat me brew on the screen
    Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

We've just had our 1st proper enquiry about wifey's car in 3 weeks !!!
      Let's hope he shows up for a look . Mind you he sounds like he wants a brand new £40,000 car for £2500 and not a 10 year old one .
      sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
      Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
        We've just had our 1st proper enquiry about wifey's car in 3 weeks !!!
        Let's hope he shows up for a look . Mind you he sounds like he wants a brand new £40,000 car for £2500 and not a 10 year old one .
        It's funny: When we're buying we want the cleanest, straightest car for a low price and when we're selling we want everyone to overlook the dings and scratches, etc and to get asking price.

I hate selling cars now...used to do a lot years ago, but I honestly think that the internet has to take some of the blame: It makes searching for other cars and prices so much easier. In years gone by, if your car was the only one in the paper/autotrader and not the dearest of the few that were for sale that week, you had a pretty good chance of selling it seemed.

I'm dreading when I put my RS up for sale with all the know-alls and tyre kickers that will waste my time.

As for Frosty, maybe you'll have to bite the bullet and accept a lower price now or live to regret turning down these offers in a few months time when the bids drop even lower/dry up altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by KelvinS1965 View Post
          It's funny: When we're buying we want the cleanest, straightest car for a low price and when we're selling we want everyone to overlook the dings and scratches, etc and to get asking price. As for Frosty, maybe you'll have to bite the bullet and accept a lower price now or live to regret turning down these offers in a few months time when the bids drop even lower/dry up altogether.
          No dings, No scratches.

I would rather keep it than sell for well under what it's worth.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
            No dings, No scratches.

I would rather keep it than sell for well under what it's worth.
            Yes, but they all say that don't they. Then you get there and it looks like it's been washed with a wire brush and a hammer...I've got this all to come looking for my 'new' TVR. Maybe yours is the exception, but I've seen it time and again.

Again, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, the longer you keep it the less that will be. I've seen a few posts on other forums where people later say that they wished they'd taken an offer when a few months later they still have the car.

If the dealer book price is ten and half, then as a private buyer I'd need a significant saving to consider buying one privately, especially if I had a car that I'd need to sell as I'd lose the convienience of a dealer trade in. We made this decision a few months back when my OH traded her old Corsa diesel in for a newer Mini: The savings through buying privately weren't enough to lose the dealer support and trade in convienience, so we paid a little more than the private ads (and it really wasn't much more either) and haggled hard with the dealer. I hate the idea of giving the dealer some profit, but the alternatives just weren't worth the hassle of selling and the frankly poorly prepared cars that the private sellers were touting.

Not having a go, but just giving some insight as a recent used car buyer.

Comment

One in the hand is worth two in the bush as the saying goes . No show from our would be buyer this evening .
              You're right about the internet , with 10+ pages of the same car models every week you've got no chance these days selling everyday motors . Plus who gives a fooooooook about service history on a 10+ year old motor anyway ? "Oh look , it had a fan belt and some brake pads in June 2002" ........
              sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
              Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
              12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

I would never dream about Ringing to view a car then not showing up without at least letting the seller know.
                Common courtesy is now history
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

I decided to advertise my ST220 on Friday night, was trying to put it on pistonheads but the site kept crashing so gave up, and put it on gumtree at about 11pm.

11am next day phone goes, and sold it 1/2hr later to a local bloke who just sold his scooby, result.

Didn't expect to sell it that quick , so now the missus doesn't have a car lol.

We are both busy looking for another vehicle now, but not having much luck!!

Hang in there Kev if your not in a hurry, it only takes 1 buyer!!

Mark
                  [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                  Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Working...
                  X