No announcement yet.

Which Mountain bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treks as stated are generally good value and well specced as new bikes.As a used bike i would say that is probably worth 400ish depending on the use it has had.You can spend a suprising amount replacing tyres,chains and cables etc.
    My advice would be to go for a bike with a good frame,fork and wheels and a budget groupset that you can update at a later date.

Comment

its mint and only done 50 miles of road use, never been off road apparantly. I'm thinking £500
      Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Should be safe at that....No more mind!

Comment

Here's what we sell...

Ibis Mojo's they also do Hard Tails, Cross & Road Frames
          They ain't cheap but the best never are
          Carbon Fibre's the Future for Bikes

Comment

Been and bought a TREK 4900 brand new for £650. Got him to chuck in a drinks bottle, holder and a helmet. Don't think that was too ba a deal. The other one was sold.

Comment

nice one son..get some pics up.

Comment

been reading this thread and got stupid ideas about getting a bike

is there anything else worth looking at apart from trek and specialzed ?

Kona,scott,cube klien?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  been reading this thread and got stupid ideas about getting a bike

is there anything else worth looking at apart from trek and specialzed ?

Kona,scott,cube klien?
                  Top tip son, borrow a bike first to see if you really really want to do it, then go spend some cash on one, don't buy one know, get bored and have it sitting in the shed for years, all of the above are all good, giant bike are most likely your best value as they own some of the brands above, try before you buy

Comment

Also try

Canyon
                    Rockrider 8.1
                    Carerra fury or kraken
                    Boardman

You certainly pay for the name with mountain bikes. Best deal out there is a rockrider 8.1. Costs £500. If it had trek or specialized written on the frame the same spec bike would be 8-900.
                    Think before you buy son.
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Am well happy with mine, most folk I've spoke to reckon trek are bang on. i don't know enough to judge personally but am happy with the deal i got and the service i got and will continue to get from a good local retailer.

Comment

cheers for the guidence,will check out what bikes the local shops stock so i can get a feeling for them,from a quick look,there a few giant dealers close by

Comment

im just wondering if in Taffrs photos, a few of Tims socks were used to "bulk out" a bit

Comment

sorry, wrong photos ............... this was the pic with Tims socks in situ

Comment

Another update, Ordered a few toys the other day. A pair of On One XC MAX Adaptable wheels & a Rockshox Revelation RLT 140mm front Fork.

Also did a Monster ride out yesterday with a mate of mine around North Notts. Excellent day. Had to have some pics of this....................

Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
                                sorry, wrong photos ............... this was the pic with Tims socks in situ

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X