Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
    i'll still be poishing me rod

its a trapped nerve at bottom of me back, affects me left leg big time, can't stand up for long or walk far as it bloody kills

my wife has a similar problem where a disc pops out and puts pressure on her spinal cord . agony for her when it go,s.
    Live to regret ..or regret to live.

Comment

Originally posted by rsjon View Post
      hi ,i had mri in november revealed bulging discs rubbing on nerve goin down right leg, to cut a long story,surgery 1st week in dec back to work last week .fukcin sore but worth it

thats what my wife has trouble with but her doctor wont refer her for a scan at the moment...

Comment

Hi Dobbo can you wife see another doctor for a second opinion just keep pushing them.

Comment

Originally posted by paul mann View Post
          my wife had to have one last year,she said it was a very confined space & very loud like a road drill,
          sounds like Frostys engine then
          sigpic

Comment

Had two prolapsed discs L4 L5 had sciatica for 3 years,
            and limited movement but carried on
            until one day sat watching tv went to get up and something major went in my back. So much pain.
            Went to hospital,Had MRI straight away.
            Morphine, and then later surgery due to one disc burst causing Nerve damage and me to loose feeling in my whole left leg etc. After surgery I was up in 4 hours and gently walking, and back to work in 6 weeks. I'm now 18 months on, still no feeling in leg, and occasional cramps/ spasms but no real back pain or sciatica.
            Glad I had it done!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopperal View Post
              Hi Dobbo can you wife see another doctor for a second opinion just keep pushing them.

keep trying mate, she even looses control of her bladder when its really bad, our doctors are bloody useless, never any appointments coz of the sick note w###rs taking em..
              breaks my heart to see her in agony ..

Comment

Try oswestry orthapidic ? hospital
                they were very very helpfull. My local hospital told me to take pain killers and go home.

Comment

Exactly what i had.

Left leg pain like a hot knife stuck into the back of me knee and calf. Numbness in the left foot and muscle wastage. Had an MRI and it showed a prolapsed disc in the lower back (L4 i think).

Had the op (laminectomy) about 5 weeks after the MRI, after the pain went ballistic and i was on morphine in A&E.

Long story short - having the op was the best thing i ever did. Horrible at the time but no more back pain now. It certainly teaches you to look after the old back tho fella's!

Good luck ches, hope you get it sorted
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X